6 years ago : March 21st 2014

*if you didn't read the authors note in the first chapter please go back because it's very important*

hey everybodyy, hope everybody is safe and doing good:)

As you can tell, this is the first chapter of Superpowers AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SCARED. This is the first book i've ever written and i honestly have no idea if its gonna flop or somehow do well. Lets hope the second one because this book took me fucking ages to write.

In the time i've written it i think i've listened to my sad playlist around 15 billion times :o

oopsie.

In order for it to do well though, i need all your support, so please VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE this book anywhere and everywhere. Also if you see your birthday at the top of a chapter make sure to comment and find your birthday twins.

lmfao that was so cringe i apologise-

IMPORTANT NOTE : The first chapter is written in her past, and so will every alternating chapter - the others will be looking at her present, which i hope you like and don't find it too confusing.

On a final note, i hope you enjoy this book and i wish you the best of luck xx

----------------------------------------------

6 years ago : March 21st 2014

I watched the world merge into a blur of colours through the glass of my backseat window. Drawing pictures on the steamed up glass where my breath had settled.

Looking up, I stare at my sad reflection, tears dropping from my small eyes and onto my chubby pink cheeks much like the raindrops racing down the window.

From under my ratty blanket, I could hear the muffled voices of my family's cheerful singing .

But I was too sad to sing,

I was too sad to speak,

I was too sad to do anything except watch the trees sway lightly in the wind from the inside of the car.

--------------------

"Allie! Wake upppp, we're hereee!!!"

I hear the loud screeching of my brother's voice in my ears. He tugs the blanket from my warm body leaving me feeling cold and exposed.

"Come on, look at the new house, it's HUGEEE!"

I peek outside to reveal my brother running on a pebbled driveway leading towards a large two-story house.

It was perfect, with its big 70's windows, white paint and a grey front door.

But it wasn't my home, my home was in Somerset, not Hertfordshire.

My home was peaceful, in the countryside, not...not this.

A wide, modern cul-de-sac. Children playing on the pavement. Houses left and right. Loud noises of passing cars on a nearby mainroad. And the stinky smell of petrol like we had just stopped at a gas station.

Only we weren't just stopping off, this was our house now. I felt like an alien on a different planet. This was the complete opposite to where I used to live. I didn't want to be here. I never did.

I stayed sitting in my seat, refusing to get out; a deep frown settling on my face.

"Alison, I need you to get out of the car." Mum's stern voice echoes through the glass.