Chapter 24 : Memory Manipulation

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 24 : Memory Manipulation

Saturday 14th January 2021

memory manipulation

/ˈmɛm(ə)ri/ /məˌnɪpjʊˈleɪʃ(ə)n/

noun
The act of manipulating someone's memory.
"He made me forget everything that happened."

It's 4:45 and I'm almost finished with my outfit when my phone goes off.

'RING'-'RING' 'RING'-'RING'

My one direction ringtone vibrates on the counter top of my desk. I ignored it the first time because I'm applying mascara but when it rings again, making me smudge it all over my eyelid, I just go to pick it up, "Hello." I ask in an irritated tone and attempt to rub off the excess mascara that's now all over my eyelid.

Silence.

"Allie...um it's Levi" the line crackles as Levi's phone shuffles against his clothes. His voice is hushed and I have to turn the volume up fully to be able to hear his voice. Why is he whispering? "I'm going to be late for our date...uh I have to deal with something"

Seriously.

He's going to be late.

Again.

"And what is this something?" I guess I feel like I have some sort of right to be a bit annoyed right now; every time we plan something he seems to make up some sort of shitty excuse as to why he's half an hour late.

"Nothing. Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Um Levi of course I'm going to be worried, the last few times you disappeared you were with your Dad!"

He doesn't answer.

No. Surely he hasn't.

"Levi..."

"It's fine Alison, we're just going to have a calm conversation." Now why do I get the feeling that a calm conversation is not what Ed had in mind. For gods sake, he's being naive and manipulated by this...this total fucking wanker.

"What?! I can't believe you! I told you Levi, you can't go over there? He's dangerous Levi, why can't you see that. And you didn't even tell me-"

"I just did?"

"Shut up Levi, im not in the mood for your stupid sarcasm."

He shushes me to quieten down, "Shh, he doesn't want anyone to know I'm here. Anyway I gotta go. Love you."

This is bad.

Really bad.

———————————————-

"EZRA! EZRA! EZRA CARTER GET YOUR ASS DOWN THESE STAIRS RIGHT NOT!"

After around 3 minutes of my incessant squawking, Ezra's forced to come down from his room.

"What?! What could you possibly need me so badly for that it requires you to scream my name 50 times?!"

In a rush, I don't answer but take his hand instead and drag him outside. With the car keys in hand, I sit shotgun whilst Ezra slides in slowly with a befuddled look on his face, "Uhm, Allie, why am I in the front seat of the car with you next to me? Cause I'm pretty sure that last night's argument made sure that you wouldn't talk to me for at least 4 months."

I chuck him the keys and he just stares at them like an idiot.

"Go! Stop looking at the keys like they're about to explode and drive!"