Chapter 8 : Magnetism

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 8 : Magnetism

Thursday 25th october 2020

magnetism
/ˈmaɡnətɪz(ə)m/

noun
noun: magnetism
1.
a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, which results in attractive and repulsive forces between objects.
2.
the ability to attract and charm people.
"his personal magnetism attracted men to the brotherhood"

3.

3 is the number of days Levi's been gone.

3 is the number of times a minute I longingly look at the front door.

3 is the number of texts I've sent him over the past 46 seconds.

But there was no reply.

--------------------------

"Where's your boyfriend Allie?" Esther says, wiggling her eyebrows. Everyone around the table chuckles while I flush a deep red.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Sure, sure," Nancy says unconvinced.

After our encounter in the maths classroom, my mind has been whizzing. At first I felt excited - the kind that makes you feel as if you have butterflies fluttering in your stomach. I wanted to see him, talk to him...kiss him. I waited for hours, listening at my bedroom door so I could 'accidentally' walk into him in the hallway.

However he never came home.

I started to doubt myself. Maybe it's because he feels guilty for Ezra? I mean, I am his best friend's sister. But I guess a part of me wondered...was it me?

What if I'm not pretty enough?

Smart enough?

Funny enough?

I know there's easily at least 200 other girls just in our school that would easily want to take my place, so maybe he changed his mind?

As each day passed, I felt more and more uncertain. Surely he wouldn't do this. Leaving me hanging, desperate and pathetic.

No.

I know him.

That's not like Levi. He'd be upfront, decisive...no matter my feelings. But I guess that thought's unsettling too. I mean he's been gone for 3 days straight - he didn't turn up at lunch, school or even my house. It's like he's walked off the face of the earth.

What if something happened to him?

What if he's dead in a ditch somewhere and I'm here tucking into a fucking caesar salad.

Standing up from my seat, I decide to go try to find him - I mean, like how many places can this boy be?

"Sorry guys, I have to go - potential boyfriend to talk to," I knew they'd not ask questions if I said I was talking to Levi. They nod and wink...just like I thought.

I leave my half eaten food on the table and down the last of my water. 'Less calories, less fat?' I guess this is just a bonus for finding Levi.

Plus I read on instagram that water is great for getting a higher metabolism.

As i'm running out of the school car park, I flip out my phone from my blazer pocket - screen now finally fixed - and tap the screen a few times :

I'm coming to find u : Allie