Chapter 12: Study Sessions

Me and Beth spent most of our time in the library with Hermione over the next couple of weeks, studying for our upcoming exams

Me and Beth spent most of our time in the library with Hermione over the next couple of weeks, studying for our upcoming exams. We were really nervous. Even though we're all pretty smart, I guess that's the pressure to do well. We all really want to pass all of the exams and go into next year.

"So, who discovered the 12 uses of dragon's blood ?" said Hermione, quizzing me on it. That's so easy.

"Dumbledore." I said to her. She nods. We've been quizzing each other about what could possibly be on our exams. The first day is tomorrow. Me and Beth have Transfiguration and History of Magic. Ugh. At least, Transfiguration will be ok. I just can't get my head wrapped around all this "Eric the Oddball" business.

Harry and Ron walk in, dropping their stuff down and joining us. Hermione turns to them.

"How do you brew a Forgetfulness Potion ?" said Hermione, asking Ron. He looks at her, so blankly.

"Forgot." He says to her. Haha ! The irony !

"And what would you do if this comes up in the Potions final ?" said Hermione, asking him so crossly.

"Copy off Mina !" He says, beaming at me. I roll my eyes.

"No, you won't." Hermione says so sharply before I can even open my mouth. "Besides all the tests have been bewitched with every possible anti cheating spell there is. So, you would never get away with it." I smile so happily as Ron opens his mouth wide in shock.

"What ? Why would they do that ? It's as if they don't trust us or something." He says. I burst out laughing, along with Harry and Beth.

"Yeah, I wonder why that is, Ron !" I said, talking to him. He looks at me for a minute. He then gets it, and starts laughing too. Even Hermione gives a small smile. Then, she folds her arms.

"Boys, if you're going to distract us, I think you'd better leave." She says. Ron and Harry look at each other with a subtle eye roll, but they stopped laughing and started to work nonetheless.

****************************************************
Transfiguration was a breeze ! All we had to do was turn a mouse into a snuff box and write a small essay on what helpful spells to use when an object had been transfigured incorrectly. I sigh with relief as I exit the classroom. One subject down. But I still have some subjects to pass. Yay !

History is a slightly different story. We all got a proper exam paper with a lot of questions about the warfare and all of the goblin rebellions. I didn't mess up on any of the questions. But, in my point of view, History of Magic isn't really going to get you anywhere in life.

Me and Beth spent the night in the common room, studying with Blaise and Theo. Tomorrow, we have Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts aka DADA. I'm quite nervous, especially for DADA. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm going to mess something up.