Chapter 3: Wizards & Wand Shops

I scrunched up my eyes as I entered a world of light

I scrunched up my eyes as I entered a world of light. There were shiny and sparkly things. I'm in Diagon Alley. I didn't even know this place existed in the middle of London ! We were both surprised and amazed by it.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley !" said Hagrid, proudly. I stare at everything around me. Hundreds of witches and wizards are bustling around us. Harry talks to Hagrid while we walk along the cobbled road, down to the end of the alleyway. Shops blurred past as my eyes can't keep wandering around the place. It just never seems to stop. I feel like I could spend some days here and I still have only explored half of this magical alleyway.

"And this is Gringotts." said Hagrid. "You'd be mad to try and rob it, that's for sure."

"Why ?" I said, curiously. Hagrid smiles.

"Because it's ran by goblins. Fairly simple beasts, though not the most friendly at times." said Hagrid, leading us into the entrance. I stare around it in amazement. The whole place is in white marble. It's perfectly polished. I can't believe how clean this whole place is ! I looked at Harry. He's staring at something on either side of us. To be honest, they're a little creepy.

"The Potters would like to enter their vault." said Hagrid. A mean-looking goblin sneers down at us.

"And do the Potters have their key ?" said the goblin, showing thin, pointed teeth. I looked at Harry with a confused look. A key ? I don't have a key !

"Oh, wait, got it right here." said Hagrid, handing a small gold key over to the goblin. He examines the key and nods.

"Very well." said the goblin. I locked eyes with Harry, questioning him about it. He just shrugs his shoulders. We would ask, but because of the Dursleys, we know better than to do that.

****************************************************
Now, I feel like I'm gonna throw up. Honestly, that cart ride was fast ! I'm not exactly good with those type of rides.

"Vault 487 !" said Griphook. We all step out of the cart and we stand back as the goblin opens the door. I gasped in amazement. Mountains of gold, silver, and bronze coins are arranged in front of us. This could last a lifetime ! Hagrid gives both of us a small bag.

"You can fill these up as much as you want." said Hagrid. Me and Harry decided to get a few of them. I picked up a gold coin and examined it.

"Hagrid, what exactly is this ?" I said, asking him. He smiles.

"Of course. That is a galleon. The silver ones are sickles and the little bronze ones are knuts. There's seventeen sickles to a galleon and twenty-nine knuts to a sickle. It's easy enough. Right, got everything ?" said Hagrid. We nod and climb back into the dreaded cart.

"Next stop. Vault 713 !" said Griphook. Ugh, my stomach is doing backflips. I really feel like throwing up now. The goblin opens the vault. I look over the edge, expecting to see rubies and diamonds at the very least, but I'm shocked and disappointed to find only a small package. Hagrid picks it up and puts it carefully in a pocket over his chest.