Chapter 17: Diegonelly

"But Mum, Harry and Mina have never traveled by Floo Powder before

"But Mum, Harry and Mina have never traveled by Floo Powder before." said Ron. I stare at it. Floo Powder ! What on earth... ? Harry and I are about to head to Diagon Alley with the Weasleys to get our school supplies. Over the time that we've stayed here, I've grown very close with Ginny, and also a lot closer with Fred and George. I'm helping them on their Ton-Tongue Toffee. It's not really ready yet, but we'll get there !

"Oh, alright. Well, you go first, Ron, so they can see how it's done." Mrs. Weasley says, ushering Ron forward. Ron walks up to Mrs. Weasley and picks up a handful of powder out of the pit that she's holding. He then steps into the fireplace.

"Diagon Alley !" He says, and then, drops the powder. I flinched as a whole bunch of green flames engulfed him and he disappeared. What the heck just happened ? Where's Ron ? Apparently, this is supposed to happen, as the Weasleys seemed unfazed.

"Right, you next, Harry. See, it's easy. Take your Floo Powder. That's it ! Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly !" Mrs. Weasley says as my brother steps into the fireplace. He seems to choke.

"Diegonelly !" He says. I frown as the flames engulf him. That can't be good. He didn't speak clearly at all. Mrs. Weasley steps forward.

"What did he say, dear ?" She asks her husband.

"Diegonelly." Mr. Weasley replies. Mrs. Weasley nods.

"I thought so. Well, hopefully, he's only gone one grate too far." She replies. I stare, wide eyed. What has happened to my brother ? Fred notices me panicking about Harry and squeezes my hand quickly. I give him a grim smile before stepping forward for my turn. I step slowly into the fireplace.

"Harry isn't here, is he ?" I whispered to him. Ron shakes his head and furrows his brow.

"No, did he come in before you ?" He asked me. I nod slowly.

Soon, the rest of the Weasleys arrive and we go to Flourish and Blotts. I looked everywhere for Harry. Suddenly, I spot familiar bushy hair.

"Mione !" I screamed and ran up to her, flinging my arms around her. She smiles and hugs me back.

"Mina ! I'm so glad to see you ! I was so worried when you didn't reply to my letters ! Where's Harry ?" She asked me. I frown slightly.

"Well, that's the thing. We don't know. It was our first time traveling by Floo Powder, and... he must have gotten lost." I say. She looks worried, but forces a smile.

"I'm sure he'll be alright." She says. I sigh.

"I hope you're right." I replied.

"I'll see you in the bookstore. I just have to see my parents first." She says. I nodded and waved goodbye to her for now. I turn back around to the Weasleys and we go into the bookstore.

"Oh my gosh ! Mum, Gilderoy Lockhart is here !" Ginny squeals. I roll my eyes at Ron. He grins.

Just then, Hermione comes in with Harry. I fling my arms around him and look him up and down.

"What happened ? Where did you end up ?!" I asked him, so quickly. He chuckles.

"I ended up in Knockturn Alley." He says. I gasp.

"Brilliant !" Fred and George speak at the same time. "Mum has never let us go in."

"And for a good reason !" Hermione says. I have to say, I agree with her. Knockturn Alley is a very dodgy place. I'm surprised that he got out of there alright. Mrs. Weasley comes bustling over and exclaims when she sees Harry.

"Oh ! Thank goodness you're ok ! Now, you children get out. I'll get the books." She says. But not before someone else shouts Harry's name. Lockhart.

"Is that really Harry Potter ?" He asks. The photographer grabs Harry's arm and pulls him towards the front. Lockhart grabs my brother's arm and the photographer takes heaps of photos. Finally, he lets Harry go, and we head to the front of the store as I roll my eyes.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter ? Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go into a bookstore without making the front page !" An all familiar voice says as we turn around.

"Draco !" I said, so disapprovingly. He smirks at me.

"Hey, Mina." He says. I sigh and smile, shaking my head. Harry and the Weasleys looked at me, so strangely.

"Why are you friends with Malloy ?!" said Harry, so indignantly. I sigh and Draco smirks.

"Well, maybe if you got to know one another, you would mind each other." I say. They stare for a while, and then, Harry starts laughing.

"There's no way I'm getting to know him !" said Harry. I sigh and roll my eyes. Draco smirks at me again. Geez, what is it with this kid and smirking ? Suddenly, Beth bursted into the room and flung her arms around me.

"Mina, you're ok ! I was so worried when you didn't reply to my letters ! What happened to you ?" She says, so quickly. I chuckle and hug my best friend back.

"Well, Harry and I were sorta locked in our room for weeks with hardly any food and bars on our window." I say. Beth and Draco stared at me in shock.

"You didn't tell me that !" said Draco. I laugh.

"Yeah, that's probably because I couldn't, you idiot !" I said, teasing him. He still looks shocked, but smiles at me, anyway. Beth chuckles quietly with me. Harry and Ron are glaring daggers into Draco.

Just then, a tall figure walks into the room. He has long, platinum blonde hair. He can only be Draco's father.

"Ahh, Draco, there you are. And Mr. Potter, you must be very happy to have escaped the Dark Lord last year." He says, catching sight of Harry.

"His name is Voldemort." Harry says through clenched teeth.

"You must be very brave, speaking his name." said Draco's dad.

"Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself." said Hermione. Draco's dad turns around to her.

"Miss Granger ? Ahh yes, Draco's told me all about you. And your parents..." He says, looking at Hermione's mum and dad behind us. I give Draco a death glare. He avoids my eyes.

"And... What do we have here ? Red hair, tatty old books..." He says, picking up one of Ginny's tattered books. "You must be the Weasleys." He says with distaste.

"And what's wrong with the Weasleys, may I ask ?" I said, stepping forward. Ron grabs my arm, but I shrug him off. Draco's dad turns to me.

"And you must be Cosmina Potter, the famous Potter's younger sister. How does it feel to be compared to that ?" He asks, so slyly. I narrowed my eyes.

"I think you can ask anyone that question, Mr. Malfoy, including yourself." I said, so sassily. He stares at me in shock. Then, he puts Ginny's book back and turns on his heels.

"Come, Draco." He says, so sharply. Draco smirks at me.

"See you at school." He says. I smile.

"Maybe." I replied. He frowns, so slightly, but then, he shakes his head and walks out.

"I see you've met Lucius." Arthur says behind us. I turn to face him. He smiles at me. "Although, you definitely put him in his place there, Mina." He says. I smile.

"I don't like anyone putting down my friends." I shrug. I turn around to see my brother and friends smiling at me. I laugh, so quietly.