Chapter 30: Break In

"Ooh, look, first Hogsmeade weekend at the end of October, on Halloween !" Beth exclaimed. I'm with my famous four group in our common room. And we have a Hogsmewde weekend, which I can't go to. Great. I sigh and sit down on a couch. Theo walks over to me.

"I'll stay with you if you like." He says to me as I smile at him.

"That's sweet, but I don't want you to miss your first Hogsmeade trip. I'll probably just hang with Harry." I said, honestly. He looks at me, so weirdly, but he doesn't say anything. Just then, Draco and his gang walk in, laughing.

"I can't believe Potter can't go on the Hogsmeade trip ! Doesn't that suck ?!" Draco laughs. His boulders snicker. I stand up from my spot.

"I'm a Potter too, you idiot." I say to him, so sassily. He frowns.

"I didn't mean it like that." He says. I roll my eyes and sit back down.

"Sure you didn't." I muttered to myself while Theo nudged me.

"Ask Snape if you can go. You're his favorite after all." He says as my eyes light up in excitement. I hug Theo.

"You're a genius ! Well, if it works, you are. If not, I'm gonna kill you for getting my hopes up !" I say. He just laughs as I run out of the room. I ran into Professor Snape's office.

"Professor, can I ask you something ?" I asked him, so quickly. He nods.

"Umm, well, my aunt and uncle didn't sign my permission form for Hogsmeade and well, I thought that since you're practically my guardian at Hogwarts, that you could sign it for me, so I could go ?" I asked him. I wait for his answer. He sighs.

"As much as I wish that I could, Cosmina, I can't. It's the rule that it has to be signed by your guardian, so I'm afraid that I can't." He says. I groan.

"Ugh, I wish you were just my guardian in general. You'd be so much better than the Dursleys." I say. He gives me an extremely rare smile.

"I'd like that, too, but I'm afraid that it will never happen." He says to me as I nod at him.

"Thanks anyway, Professor." I say. He nods at me and I walk away. I walk back into the common room. My friends looked at me, so hopefully. I shake my head.

"Almost." I say, sitting back down. I sigh and rest my head on Theo's shoulder.

"I told you that you're his favorite." Theo says to me. I frown at him. "Well, if it was any one of us, he would have turned us down straight away." I smile.

"He said that he'd like to be my guardian." I say. Everyone stares at me. Even Draco and his goons.

"What ?" I said, taking my head off Theo's shoulder.

"He said that ?! Snape said that ?!" said Beth, so bewildered. I nod.

"Yeah, and I'd much prefer that, too. Although, I don't think Harry would." I laugh. My friends just shake their heads at me.

**********************************************
It's the day of the Hogsmeade trip. Everyone hands their forms in. I just stand with Harry in the back. Theo goes up to Professor McGonagall, hands his form in, but then, turns back and walks up to me. I stare.

"Theo, what are you doing ?" I asked him.

"Staying with you." He says to me. After Professor McGonagall has gotten all the forms, she turns back to us.

"Mr. Nott, are you coming with us ?" She asked him. Everyone looks at us.

"No, I think I'll stay here." He says to her. Professor McGonagall shrugs, but my friends stare. "Go on." He tells Beth and Blaise. They sigh and turn. I notice Draco staring daggers into Theo, but I ignore him. He's been very weird. Harry looks at us and leaves, heading up to the castle. I turn to Theo, with my arms crossed.