Chapter 16: Red Haired Rescue

For two whole weeks, me and Harry were still trapped in our room, only eating cold soup and bread

For two whole weeks, me and Harry were still trapped in our room, only eating cold soup and bread. It was honestly a nightmare ! And I was starving. Luckily, we have a bathroom that is connected to our room, or I definitely wouldn't have made it !

Harry and I are asleep in bed, when a startling engine noise wakes us up.

"What's that ?" I said, so tiredly.

"I don't know." said Harry, hopping out of bed and looking out the window. I follow his lead.

"Is that... a car ?!" said Harry, pointing to a flying object in the distance. My eyes open wide, and I nod, stepping back.

"I think so." I said as my voice quivers. Harry turns to me and grabs my hand, stepping back from the window as well. A blinding light enters the room and I shield my eyes with my arm. The car is right outside. I look to see it pulling up next to our window. I gasp when I see who's in the car. Fred, George, and Ron !

I ran forward and they grinned at us.

"Hiya, Harry. Hey, Mina." said Ron. I smile so happily at them.

"What are you doing here ?" I said, so loudly. They looked at each other.

"Well, we got really worried when neither of you answered any letters. So, we decided to sneak out and get you ourselves." said Fred, smiling at us. I stare.

"What do you mean "sneak out " ?!" said me and Harry. They grimace.

"Well, you see, Mum doesn't exactly know that we're gone." said George. I shake my head in disbelief, but smile so slightly.

"Anyway, let's get you two out of there." said Ron. He pulls out a hook on the end of a chain. He puts it onto the bars on our window.

"You might want to stand back !" said Ron, warning us. Harry and I do, stepping back to the other side of the room. We turn our backs around as Harry hugs and covers me from the window. I smile, so slightly. Sometimes, I love my brother ! Not that I don't always, but... well, you know what I mean.

The massive sound of an explosion comes from behind us. I grimace. That probably woke up the Dursleys. Harry lets go of me and we look around the room. There's rubble everywhere. Oh, well. We freeze, listening for sounds of life in the house. Luckily, we hear nothing.

"Come on !" said Fred and George. Harry stepped forward, but I grabbed his arm.

"Our trunks and wands !" I said, so anxiously.

"Where are they ?" said Fred and George, climbing through the window.

"In the cupboard under the stairs, but it's locked. Oh, and the third step from the bottom creaks, so watch out for that." said Harry. The twins nod and salute us, walking down the stairs.

"Is there anything else you need from here ?" said Ron, asking us. I looked around and grabbed one of my favorite books, Romeo and Juliet.

"Not anymore." I said, so confidently. Harry just shakes his head. Soon, the twins are back, bringing our trunks up with them.

"We've put your wands in them and shut the cupboard back up." said Fred. I frown.

"But you aren't allowed to use magic. How did you do it ?" I said, asking them. They smile and hold up paper clips. I smile. Me and Harry helped them load our trunks into the boot, and then, the twins hopped into the car. Harry hops in it too, and I'm about to get in, when two loud shrieks sound from behind me. Hedwig and Ariel ! We'd almost forgotten about them. I rush back into the room and pick up Hedwig's cage. I stopped and listened. I heard footsteps. Dang it ! The Dursleys are awake ! I pass Hedwig through the window to Harry, and then run back for Ariel. I hear someone frantically unlocking the door.

"Hurry !" Everyone's shouting from the car. I pass Ariel to Ron, just as the door bursts open. I glance over my shoulder and see Uncle Vernon running into the room, screaming at us to stop. I stepped up onto the window ledge and grabbed Fred's hands while he pulled me into the car. But before I'm in, I feel something pulling me back. I turn around to see Uncle Vernon pulling on my leg, trying to get me back into the house while yelling at me. I kept kicking my leg out, desperately trying to get Uncle Vernon to let go. He's yelling at me and Harry to get back inside. Ha ! As if that's gonna happen !

"Drive !" said Ron. George obeys and I kick my leg one more time, making Uncle Vernon let go of me and fall through the window, all the way into the garden below. I fall right into the car onto Fred's lap. I smile.

"Hey." I said, winking at him. He chuckles.

"Thanks, guys." I said, climbing off Fred and into the back with Harry and Ron.

"Don't mention it." said Fred and George.

"By the way, happy birthday, guys." said Ron. I smile at him. I'm just happy to be away from there.

"We should let the owls out, Harry." I said as he nodded at me. We open their cages, letting them fly out beside the car.

******************************************************
We arrive at the Weasleys' house, The Burrow, and I gaze in wonder at it all. It looks like it used to be an old farm shed, but it had heaps of attachments added onto it, making it look all lopsided and like it's being held up by magic. Which, I remind myself, it probably is.

We enter through the kitchen, and I immediately see some knitting needles doing the knitting themselves, and the sponge wiping the dishes by itself too. I smile in wonder.

"It's not much, but it's home." said Ron. I smile.

"I think it's brilliant !" said me and Harry. And we mean it ! Their house is so cool ! Just then, Mrs. Weasley comes around the corner.

"Where have you been ?!" She shrieks. We all step back, simultaneously.

"Ahh, Harry, Mina, how nice to see you." She says to us in a completely different voice. I smile, so slightly. At least, she isn't mad at us.

"Beds empty, no more ! You could have died ! You could have been seen !" Mrs. Weasley shouts at her sons. "Of course, I don't blame you, dears." She says nicely to us.

"They were starving them, Mum. There were bars on their windows !" said Ron.

"Well, it's your best hope that I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley !" She says, but her expression softens up slightly. She sighs. "Well, I expect you're all hungry after that journey. Time for a spot of breakfast." I smile and nod in agreement.