Chapter 29: Eventful Events

I glance down at my new timetable

I glance down at my new timetable. Ooh ! Today's gonna be a good day. In the morning, I have Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, and then, DADA. I smile at Beth. She sighs.

"I just hope the DADA teacher is as good as last year's." She said as I choked on my drink. Theo hits me on the back.

"Beth, Lockhart wasn't good ! He was a fraud ! It was a really good thing that he lost his memory and can't teach anymore !" I replied to her. She just sighs again. I roll my eyes at Theo.

*************************************************
Arithmancy was so good ! The teacher was amazing and I actually learnt a lot. Time for Care of Magical Creatures aka COMC ! I head down towards the forest with my group, really excited for the lesson. Mainly because Hagrid's teaching it. I know that he'll have a great lesson planned for us. We met him outside his hut and he led us into the forest.

"Right. I've got a great lesson planned for today. A real treat for all of you." Hagrid says, smiling at us. "Now, if you could just open your books to page 55, we can begin."

"How exactly do we do that ?" Draco asked him. Ok, that's a fair question. I haven't been able to open my book either. It keeps trying to bite me.

"You just stroke the spine, of course." Hagrid replied to him. I stroke it and my book opens, so nicely. I smile. Hagrid is one of a kind.

"I think they're funny." Hermione says to us. I nod.

"Oh, yeah, tremendously funny. Real witty. Wait till my father hears about this." said Draco. I glare at him. Wow. He's been a jerk twice. And it's only the second day. Harry walked towards him.

"Shut up, Malfoy." He says. Draco smirks and walks forward. Then, he stops and stares at something behind us. He points upwards.

"De-dementor ! Dementor !" He shouts. I whip around, so scared. There's nothing there. He tricked us. He and his goons start laughing. I just stared at the ground. I really hate dementors. They scared me so much on the train. I don't know why, but I feel tears glisten my eyes. Theo puts his hand on my shoulder. I look up at him.

"Just ignore him." He softly says to me. I see Draco looking at me, so weirdly, out of the corner of my eyes. I nod and wipe my eyes, leaning into Theo. We turn around and wait for class to begin. Hagrid walks up to us.

"Say hello to Buckbeak !" He says. I stare in amazement at the creature behind him. I recognize it immediately as a Hippogriff, one of the proudest and most beautiful creatures. I smile up at Hagrid.

"Now, the first thing you need to know about Hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. You do not wanna insult a Hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do." said Hagrid, so darkly. Then, he claps his hands. "Right, who wants to meet him ?" Theo pulls me backwards. In fact, the whole class steps backwards, leaving Harry, who isn't realizing what's going on. Hagrid turns to him.