Chapter 20: Dreadful Detention

There's good news and bad news

There's good news and bad news. Good news first, I successfully avoided the blonde brat for weeks. And now for the bad news, my detention with Lockhart is fast approaching. He hasn't improved in any of his lessons. Instead, he's been reading and reenacting his stories to us. I've adapted to just talking to Theo in DADA now. We're not leading anything, so there's nothing to miss out on, anyway. Lockhart has taken a liking to my brother, which is quite unfortunate for him. He makes Harry hell him act out some of his stories, and I honestly find it really funny ! I'm sorry, Harry, but it's true ! I think I've grown a lot closer to Theo over the weeks, which I'm quite happy about. He's really nice and such a good friend ! Also, not too bad looking...

Anyway, back to Lockhart's stupid detention on Halloween. Ugh, I'm starting to hate him more. Me and Harry slowly walked up to Lockhart's office together on Halloween night. I sigh when we get to the door. My brother smiles, so sympathetically, at me and knocks on the door.

"Enter !" A cheerful voice calls. Ugh. We open the door and sit down opposite him.

"Good to see you, Harry !" Lockhart says, completely ignoring my presence from the room. I honestly don't care. "Tonight, you'll be helping me answer my fan mail !" He says, like it's the best punishment in the world. Ugh. Again, just Ugh. I think about Ron's detention and I'd much rather be doing his punishment. All he has to do is to scrub the trophies clean. I mean, it is without magic, but I do chores all the time anyway, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad.

Lockhart starts handing us stacks of fan mail, and we begin. It's very boring and tiring. I swear I almost dozed off several times. Lockhart is chatting away, but I just ignore him, even though he's mainly talking to Harry.

"What ?" Harry says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I know !" Lockhart says. "Imagine that, twelve little—" Harry cuts him off.

"No, what was that ? That voice ?" He asks. I stare at him, so unsurely. Lockhart does, too.

"There it is again !" Harry says. I strain my ears, but I don't hear any sort of voice.

"There's no voice, Harry." I say, still staring at him.

"Yes, you must be tired. And no wonder ! We've been here nearly four hours !" Lockhart says. Four hours ?! It feels like four weeks ! "Well, off to bed, both of you." Not waiting to be asked a second time, Harry and I jump up, grabbing our things. We start walking towards the Great Hall. Hopefully, there's still some food left. Suddenly, Harry grabs my arm.

"Are you sure you can't hear that ?" He asks, so quietly. Just then, Ron and Hermione walked up to us.

"Harry ! Mina ! We were wondering whe—" Hermione begins to say.

"That voice ! Can't you hear that voice ?!" Harry asks, so frantically this time. The other two frown.

"Voice ? What voice ?" Hermione asks.