Chapter 21: Plans of Action

Rumors spread around the next day that Colin Creevey, a first year Gryffindor, was also petrified

Rumors spread around the next day that Colin Creevey, a first year Gryffindor, was also petrified. This caused a lot of people to be scared and act more cautious. At first, when it was just Mrs. Norris that was petrified, everyone was a little worried, but not too much. Now, that it's actually people that are getting petrified, everyone is a lot more scared. I am too, actually. Not exactly for myself, but for Hermione. We have been told that the attacker is after muggleborns, so I am making sure to stick as close as possible to my friend.

Harry also told me that he had another encounter with Dobby and that the elf told him, or more likely, let it slip, that the Chamber of Secrets has actually been opened before. I gulp, thinking about who it could possibly be. Everyone is trying to figure out who's responsible for opening the chamber, and I'm quite curious myself.

The trio are quite certain that the blonde twat is the heir of Slytherin, and honestly, from his behavior at the moment, I can't completely disagree.

"I have an idea. It's a potion, so we'll definitely need your help, Mina." Hermione says to us one day in the library. "We have to sneak into the Slytherin common room and subtly ask him whether he is the heir or not." She continues.

"Why can't we just ask one of you two to get the information out of him ?" Ron asks, gesturing to me and Beth. We stare back at him in shock.

"I am not even talking to that twit !" I yell.

"Shh !" Beth says. "But yes, you're right. Besides, Malfoy doesn't trust me enough to say anything on the matter. He definitely trusts you, Mina, but I agree that you should keep your distance." Ron nods at that.

"So," Hermione continues. "We need to brew a Polyjuice potion." I gasp.

"But that's really dangerous, Mione ! And quite complicated, too !" I say. She sighs.

"The first time I'm willing to break the rules, you disagree ? Oh, come on !" She says. I stare at her in shock, but then, feel a smile creeping across my face. I nod my head.

"Ok." I say. She smiles and explains to the others what a Polyjuice potion is. They're really shocked as well, but agree to it in the end.

"Now, all we need to do is to get a permission slip from one of the teachers. The book is in the Restricted Section, after all." Hermione says.

"I'll ask Snape !" I say. The others stare at me in bewilderment. "What ? It's no secret that I love potions. I could say that I just wanted to do some background reading on the more advanced ones." I continued my sentence. They sigh and nod.

"Ok, but if you can't get one from him, then we all know another teacher who would be stupid enough to fall for it." Harry says, smirking. He, Ron, and I laugh. The girls just cross their arms. Haha ! Girls these days...

***************************************************
That afternoon, after Potions class, I stayed behind to talk to Snape.

"Ahh, Miss Potter. What can I do for you ?" He asks me, so kindly. I smile.