Chapter 9: Confusion

"So, let me get this straight

"So, let me get this straight... Do you guys think that Snape was trying to curse Harry's broom at the game ? And that he's trying to steal whatever Fluffy the three headed dog is guarding ?" I ask skeptically. Harry, Ron, and Hermione nod. I frown. "Why would he do something like that ? I mean, it's no secret that he doesn't like you, Harry, but what he did could have killed you ! I really don't think that he would do that." I say. Hermione sighs.

"Look, I didn't think he would either, but I've read all about curses. You have to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." She says. I sigh. I still don't believe them, but I also don't want to cause a fight.

"Ok then. So, you said that this all has something to do with Nicolas Flamel ?" I ask instead. Harry nods.

"Yes. Hagrid let it slip that the whole thing was between him and Dumbledore. We've decided to spend as much time in the library as possible to try to research who he is." He says. I nod.

"I'll help." I say. "You know, I have a feeling that I've heard his name somewhere before... although, I just can't think where..." I trail off.

"I know what you mean. I've been thinking the exact same thing." Harry says. I sigh.

"Well, anyway, I'll try to do some research, but I'd better get back to Beth." I say. The others nod.

******************************************************
Beth agrees to help us look for Flamel in the library. We have had no luck, and Christmas is just around the corner, anyway.

"Mina ! Wake up !" A voice shouts in my ear. I open my eyes to see Beth shaking me.

"Ugh, Beth. Go back to sleep." I say, rolling over.

"What ? And miss out on presents ?" She asks. Huh ?

"Presents ? What do you mean ?" I ask, groggily. She slaps me with a pillow.

"It's Christmas, you nincompoop !" She yells. What ?! I sit up in my bed.

"Wait, did you say that I've got presents ? Like, as in, actual presents ?!" I exclaim. She frowns.

"Of course." She says. "Haven't you ever gotten presents before ?" I smile and shake my head.

"Well, unless a couple of toothpicks count." I say. She laughs.

"Wow ! Those muggles really are horrible !" She says. I hop out of bed and grab her hand. We ran down into the common room together. We are greeted by Theo, Blaise, and the blonde prick. Theo runs up and hugs me.

"Merry Christmas !" He says, smiling.

"You too !" I exclaim. Blaise just sorta of stands there awkwardly. I laugh at him and pull him into a hug. He pulls away.

"Oi ! You've gotta give me a hug ! It's Christmas !" I say, indignantly. He sighs and smiles, letting me hug him. I laugh. "Thanks, Blaise." I say, smiling and rolling my eyes. He chuckles quietly. Yes ! I made him laugh !