Chapter 13: Enchantments

"It's time, Beth

"It's time, Beth." I said, quietly shaking her awake. It's 11:30 pm, which gives us plenty of time to sneak out of the common room and up to the third floor. She rubs her yes and nods, sitting up in her bed. I opened the door slightly, making sure that no one's gonna waiting outside the common room. "All clear." I said, walking out of the room. She shuts the door behind us and we go to the corridor.

We arrive at the third floor and come to the door that Fluffy's behind. I can hear him shuffling and moving around. Hopefully, I hope that Harry remembered to bring the flute. Otherwise, we'll never get past him.

"What's the time ?" said Beth, asking me. I glance at my watch.

"12:10." I replied. Still no sign of the others. Have they forgotten ? I open my mouth to say something to Beth, but just then, the trio shows up.

"Where have you been ?" I said, whispering to them.

"Neville held us up." said Harry, answering my question. Huh ?

"We'll explain later. I brought the flute." said Harry, holding it up.

"Alohomora." said Hermione, pointing at the door. It swung open and we rushed inside. Harry immediately starts playing the flute, making the dog nod its head and drift off to sleep.

"Come on, guys." I said, so quietly. "Help me move its paw." I gesture to one of Fluffy's feet, which is currently blocking our entrance to the trapdoor. Ron helps me lift it and Beth opens up the trapdoor. I look down into the depths.

"Do you think we should jump ?" I said, asking them. The others nod. Harry waves at us to get our attention and points first at the trapdoor. He then points at himself.

"You want to go first ?" I said, asking him as he nodded at me. "Ok, I'll go with you. Hermione, take the flute from Harry, so we can jump." Hermione takes it. In the split second that Harry stops playing, the dog stirs, but continues to sleep as soon as Hermione picks up on it.

"Ready ?" said Harry, looking at me and grabbing my hand. I nod and we jump. Darkness engulfs me and the air flies by my face. Finally, we land. It's a fairly soft landing on a plant.

"It's ok ! You can jump !" said Harry. Ron lands next, then Beth, and finally, Hermione.

"Lucky this plant thing's here, really." said Ron.

"Lucky ?!" Hermione shrieks, jumping up and running over to the side. "Look at yourselves !" I look down. Oh my gosh ! The plant is strangling me. It's wrapping its vines around my waist and my arms, pinning them to my side. The same thing is happening to Harry, Ron, and Beth.

"What do we do ?" said me and Harry, shouting at the same time. I'm starting to regret not paying attention to Herbology.

"Wait ! I remember something ! It's a Devil Snare !" said Hermione.