𝑠 𝑖 𝑥 𝑡 𝑦 𝑜 𝑛 𝑒

(Cassandra's Pov)
((January 14th 2022))

.
.

"Are you recording me?" Hailey's voice questioned through my headphones as I watched the video I had recorded of her while she was recording music. "Yeah, I am." I admit laughing a little and she starts smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I hear myself ask and Hailey shrugs. "I like you. I got this lil crush on you."

"Oh, yeah?" I ask innocently as if we not together.

"Yeah, you my crush and shit. You make me nervous as hell." She admits and I hear myself laughing. I remember how I could only laugh because I was blushing too hard to do anything else. "I'm serious." She whines, trying to get on her phone. "Also can you stop looking at me? I can't remember the password to my phone." She smiles and I watch as her face gradually turns red.

"Okay," I plant a kiss on her lips and the camera shows the floor a second before it turns on us.

"We look so good together, yeah?" She questions, a smiling playing on her face as she looks at the camera.

"Mhm," I agree and her smile gets bigger, she plants a kiss on my cheek and moves away. "Okay, now you can go. We still cool though."

Then the video ends.

I been doing this ever since I came into the library. I really miss Hailey so I decided to start looking at our old videos and pictures together and this really only making me miss her more. The other reason I'm in here is cause I had planned to take a nap before my next period. I haven't been home in days, so I been sleeping in the hotel. I'm actually starting to get sick of it but I really do not have anywhere else to go. I'm fine with that though. As soon as I graduate I'm up.

Hopefully I get into a good enough college and get accepted on a scholarship. Most likely I'm gonna move into a dorm on the campus so I can save money with transportation and stuff like that. I been thinking on Spellmen University in Atlanta, Depaul University in Chicago, Northwestern University in Illinois, St. John's University Queens Campus in New York, Hunter College in New York, Missouri Southern State University in Missouri, and Alabama State University in Alabama.

My counselor helped me pick out a whole bunch of more she thought would be good and then I picked some more in case I would be able to study aboard. I applied for the University of Waikato in New Zealand, the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, McGill University in Montreal, the university of Manchester in England, University of Leeds in England, Saint Petersburg State University in Russia, University of Gasglow in Scotland, and the University of Pretoria in South Africa.

I feel like I put a lot more effort in traveling aboard than anything but it would honestly make me happy if I do so. I would like to get out of America.

Other then my friends, I have nothing in Wisconsin so there's not a lot keeping me here.

There is something keeping me in America though. Hailey. But it's not like I can't travel to go see her. We was long distance before I went to college, and our relationship held up with that. I don't think she would have a problem with me going out of America, even if she do that's not really gonna stop anything.

It's a lot of things you have to do to study aboard though. Grade certificates, proof of language proficiency, proof of financial resources, proof of health, references, and a curriculum vitae. It's a lot more stuff but I can't list them off the top of my head.

I know german so I think I can do good on the language proficiency requirement. I don't know a lot but I took it freshman year, sophomore year, and junior year. I still practice on my phone with that Duolingo app just to keep up with everything and I think I'm decent.