𝑓 𝑖 𝑓 𝑡 𝑦 𝑡 ℎ 𝑟 𝑒 𝑒

Cassandra's Pov
((December 22nd 2021))
(((Hailey's 17th Birthday)))

"Happy Birthday, Hailey" I smile, wrapping her in a tight hug, rocking side to side. She gives me a small smile in return, thanking me, and I watch as she takes the slushie cup she's holding and brings it to her lips, taking a short sip as her eyes look over my outfit. Her lil checking me out session is cut short when Chris, Julia, and Christiana come up and wish her a happy birthday. Today is Hailey's 17th birthday and we just pulled up to some indoor ice skating rink in New York for her party.

I brought Chris, Julia, and Christiana along with me when Hailey mentioned she wouldn't mind if I brought some friends. The four of us are actually a lil late due to us catching a late flight. We would've just flown out here the day before but Mike just now letting us off for work for the Christmas season and i'm just now finishing my finals. I think we were only staying here for a day and then I think Hailey going back to California. I don't think I'm going with her, and I don't know why I'm not tryna go down either. I guess I'mma figure out whenever. Christmas never been a hyped up holiday in my family anyway.

"Come on. I'm ready to skate. I'm real good at it so yo ass better keep up." She grins, pulling me along with her into the building.

Parties with Hailey be different. It's something with Hailey being in her 'natural' environment, with her original group of friends and family that make me a lil anxious. If one of them was to not like me, Hailey would probably kick my ass to curb. It's actually a lil funny when I think about it, but I don't want Hailey to break up with me. I think about that scenario a lil too often than usual. Hopefully it's just a laidback lil chill skating rink party.

We walk in hand and hand and my heart rate increases when I see the party not chill nor laidback.

It's people everywhere. I can't believe I even tried to expect the complete opposite. That was goofy on my part. "I thought Eric and Andre rented the rink out for you."

"Yeah, but only like half of it- if that makes sense..." She murmurs, and keeps pulling me along. "It's people here I don't know."

"Are you parents here?"

"They at the hotel down the street. They won't pull up till ai cut my cake." She answers and I nod. "Let's skate, yeah?"

We walk up to the desk where you get your skates and Hailey say that nobody gotta pay since Eric and Andre handled all the money stuff. We all get our skates and walk up to a table, so we can put them on.

"Don't fall on yo ass, people might make fun of you. It'll be me. I'll be the people making fun of you." Hailey looks at me with a grin, tying up the laces to one of her skates.

"I'm a good skater." I roll my eyes.

"I don't think that's true." Julia chuckles.

"Yeah, like Chris with badminton, she's just as awful at skating." Christiana adds.

"Hey!" Chris calls, getting all our attention. "Don't use me for your over exaggerations. We're not that bad."

I roll my neck, at Hailey and she pretends to bite me. "Mhm! Talk yo shit, Chris. We not that bad." I say, looking directly at Hailey.

"Did I say we? I meant me." He smirks and they all let out small laughs, watching the smile disappear from my face.

"Mm, well, it's coming to my attention that y'all ain't shit." I frown a lil, standing up trying to balance.