𝒇 𝒐 𝒓 𝒕 𝒚

chapter forty

Cassandra's pov

"So, what we finna do is layer the second verse. But go ahead and record the ad libs for the chorus for me really quick." Jit, one of Hailey's lil producer friends, said.

Hailey mumbled an 'ok' and Jit slipped his red beat headphones back on. He played back the beat and Hailey started finishing the song they had been working on since seven o'clock in the morning. Hailey said usually Eric and Andre would be producing but they had decided they wanted to collab with this dude. Apparently he really good at what he does. Hailey said he produces for all the underground artists who make the type of music she does.

I listened to some of her music earlier and watched some of her music videos too. Don't ask me why it took so long, I don't know. Just know I loved everything I heard and saw.

It seem like Hailey doesn't really have a specific genre; but I see she mainly sticks to the type of music people call alternative, or grimy R&B. I don't even know if that's a real term but that's what I'm gonna use because I don't know how to describe it in a different way. People go absolutely crazy for it. She got hundreds of millions of views.

Love that for her.

Like, go off bae.

Hailey sang the lyrics she had written down in her phone notes app into the microphone while Dimitri sat in front of her.

It wasn't cold in the house but Hailey dressed him up in socks and a hat because he still had a cold.

He had been sneezing, and coughing all morning. Hailey called Bridget to let her know the medicine was working at around three o'clock in the morning. Bridget just said to give him more medicine but Hailey said she was just gonna take him to the hospital. Hailey said she'd take him after her team came by to discuss the new album and tour.

Just as Hailey was about to finish the last few sentences Dimitri let out a hard cough followed by a few short ones.

Hailey snatched off her headphones and picked him up causing Jit to groan.

I swear, every time the simplest shit interrupts their session he acts like it's the end of the world.

Like, it's really not that serious.

"Hailey, you really need to get him. He keeps coughing on every take, that shit hard to edit out." He complained.

"The fuck you want me to do? He's sick." Hailey replied, rolling her eyes.

"You don't know how to get your son under control?" He asks in an annoyed tone and Hailey huffs.

"I'm really gonna need you to shut up, bro. I just told you he doesn't feel good." She started bouncing Dimitri, trying to calm him down as he started getting fussy and loud. "Bae, can you open a window so he can get some fresh air?' She looked up at me and I nodded.

I open the window and we sit there until a few minutes later when Dimitri calms down and lays his head on Hailey's shoulder, falling asleep. She lays him down comfortably before going back over to the microphone and unplugging it.

"W-what you doing, man? We not even halfway done." He says quickly and Hailey shrugs. "You can pack your stuff up. I'm cool with what he got for today."

"You gonna pay me for the full studio time?" He asks.

"Did we do the entire session?"

"No." He replied.

"Then that's yo answer."

"Bro, we agreed on a full session so I can get my full session money." He says and it looks like he getting pissed off.