𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑒 𝑒 𝑛

chapter seventeen

cassandra pov

I was a little nervous for today.

Want me to explain?

I was gonna do it anyway.

So basically Hailey invited me to a bonfire party her and one of her friends were throwing tonight. I haven't seen Hailey since the morning after the night we spent at the hotel, which was about five days ago, and I haven't talked to her since this morning. Tomorrow morning she would be leaving to go back home, and I was a little sad about that. And I could tell she could tell that I was sad because she invited me here and said I'd her attention for the entire night.

I agreed.

But I almost didn't make it due to me having to work till twelve in the morning. But Mike let all us off on one condition..

do you wanna guess what that one condition was?

"Ugh! This sand is so hot! Why'd this party have to be on the beach? The beach is so gross! I'm pretty sure homeless people and hippies use the beach as a bathroom. Ew, ew, ew, i think i'm sweating! I'm too pretty to sweat. I didn't even bring my sweat prevention sunscreen, does anyone have sweat prevention sunscreen?!"

We all groaned as Summer began whining about bird poop. This was her ninth emotional crisis in an hour!

Mike said she doesn't have many friends and I can see why.

She complains about everything.

The sky, the water, the color of Julia's car...

"Would you shut the--" O'Sean was cut off by Christiana covering her hand over his mouth. She whispered something in his ear and he got quiet and she released her hand from his mouth. There's an unspoken rule amongst that we won't talk about Summer and do anything to her that will result in us getting fired.

"We've been walking for awhile. Did she give any distinct landmark to look for when we got here?" Julia asked.

"Nope, it should be over here somewhere." I said looking around.

"Uh, does that look like bright light to you guys?" Chris asked and I squinted my eyes to see what he was talking about, and it was a bright light, it looked orange.

"Yep, looks like a bonfire. Let's go, I need a drink." Christiana laughed and we all took off running to get over there.

Eventually we got closer and closer so we stopped running and just walked instead. My eyes widen looking around seeing all the people and all the expensive looking ocean equipment to ride on. There were like two Jetski's parked in the shallow end of the beach, a mini canoe, then there was a red ATV some girl was sitting on and sipping on some drink, a few motorbikes, and a motorscooter.

I'd like to think of myself as bold and outgoing but there was pit in my stomach as I approached the loud group of people obviously having a good time with each other.

"Ooh, they playing Don Toliver. They got taste." Chris smiled and walked straight in the crowd.

He was good at being friendly and making friends.

"What up!" A familiar voice greets in an excited tone.

Everyone parts so she can get pass, she's like a light skin moses. Guys give her nods and girls wave to her looking her up and down. She smiles at me, and those eyes that I used to think were hazel, but during the night at the hotel realized they were green, shines under the bonfire light, they look like she could do no wrong. Just know that Hailey is fine, you really can't put it no other way.