𝒕 𝒆 𝒏

chapter ten

Cassandra pov

"So she never ended up calling you back?" Julia asked and I shook my head. "Wow, but I mean you didn't really know her too well, or get the chance to know her that well so maybe it's for the best. Right?" I could tell she was trying to comfort me and I appreciated it but I was still a little sad about it. Maybe it's me being hungover, or me being exhausted because of Chris waking me up so early that's making me feel some type of way like this. I been trying to brush it off but it keeps coming back like an annoying toxic ex who won't leave you alone. Not that I ever had an annoying toxic ex, I've had exes but... you know what? That's not the point. The point is this annoyingly fine ass girl ghosted me and I'm not taking it too lightly.

Forget about it though. Right now me and Julia were sitting in her car in the parking lot of the amusement park Chris and Christiana worked at. It looked small. I could see a few roller-coasters outside, some of em' were big and some were small. There was a ferris wheel, it looked like it wasn't operating right now though. Maybe it only operated at night time. I sighed. "What if I don't get this job?" I asked out loud.

"Your Dad didn't take you quitting the hotel too lightly, did he?" Julia asked and I shook my head no. Dad had avoided me and didn't say anything to me as I left out. Could have been worse, he could have screamed at me. I'm actually too sensitive to be screamed at, I don't know how I managed to let him yell at me yesterday, usually I cried. Maybe I grew out of it.

"Well, screw him and screw that girl too. The only thing that matters is what you want and who wants you." She told me and I nodded. "Your right." She scoffed. "Of course, I'm always right. Now go show them what your made of and nail that job interview." I smiled. She's my best friend for a reason. "Thanks, Jules." I gave her a short hug and got out the car. I closed the door behind me and waved to Julia before walking up to the place. I could smell cinnamon from out here.

I walked in and my mouth nearly dropped at the sight. It was huge. Concessions stands, rides, arcade games, a big ass bouncy house in the middle, roller coasters that led out this big hole in the wall of the place, kids running everywhere, and a foam playground. Eleven year old me would have loved this shit. Forget that, I love it now. I walked around for a few minutes until I saw Chris and Christiana walk up with a middle aged dark skinned man.

"Mike, this is Cassie. She's the one I've been telling you about." Chris said and I gave the man a small wave and he held out his hand for me to shake and I did. "Mike Brian. I own the place."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Brain-"

"Oh, please. Call me Mike. Any past work experiences?" He asked.

"I worked for the hotel on forth street for a year. First and only job. But if you need me to get a resume I can get one really quick." I offered.

Mike shook his head. "No need. When can you start?"

My eyes widen. "Are you serious?"

Was he really about to give me this job just like that? "I don't play about work." He said straightening out his shirt. "I can only pay you 25 dollars an hour, and supply you with all the chicken fries, pizza slices, and kool-aid pouches you want. The kids can be a crazy as hell sometimes, but you'll be at the register most of the time so you won't really have to deal with them."

25 dollars an hour?

Pizza?

Did I mention the 25 dollars an hour part?

"How could I say no? That'd be great. I can start next week if that's okay." I offered cheesing extra hard. He nodded. "Of course it is. Come with us to the back, I can put in a order for your uniform." He said and we all followed him threw the place.

"How could you not mention you both get paid twenty-five dollars an hour?" I asked in a whisper tone to the twins and Chris shrugged. "Is twenty-five dollars a lot?"

I raised an eyebrow at him and Christian shook her head. "This is his first job, and he apparently doesn't know what minimum wage is. And we did mean to tell you but there was no point. This place always has workers, and no one really wants to quit. So staff has always been on deck."

"Make sense." I mumbled. The smell of cinnamon was starting to really smell as we reached the back of the place and I could see out this large opening an even bigger park outside connected to the indoor one. "This place is huge."

A/N: i hate this chapter. it was rushed. this is a filler chapter because Hailey is coming sooner than you think... so excited for her. i feel like I say that all the time but I really mean it. I'm happy Cassandra got this job, and 25 dollars an hour??? I love that for her. New chapter soon. Vote, comment on what you thini. See u guys later okokokok bye now