𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑜 𝑛 𝑒

chapter thirty one

Cassandra's pov

I winced at the sunlight that peered threw the thin curtains, and yawned trying to wipe my eyes of the exhaustion that was blinding me. I glanced over to the side of the bed where Hailey fell asleep but she wasn't there. She probably went to take a shower. Dexter had taken her spot and was stretched out in the bed. He came down to join us sleeping in here last night. Hailey said he had issues sleeping by himself. I remember telling her how sad that was, and she just mumbled her usual 'he'll be ight,' and went back to sleep. I sighed and sat up accidentally waking up Dexter in the process. He perked his head up sleepily, I gave him a small scratch behind his ear. He must have have been content with that because it didn't take him too long to fall back asleep. Both of my suitcases was against the dresser, she must have had someone bring them in from her car.

I got up and grabbed the suitcase that had more clothes than anything else. I looked threw it for awhile until I decided on a look that was simple. A black graphic t-shirt, dark grey sweatpants, and my black vans. I gathered my soap, lotions, dry towel, and washcloth, then heading to the bathroom.

It took me awhile to figure everything out. There was no shower head, or anything that indicated a shower was in here except for a shower curtain. I was about to give up and go ask for help until I realized there was some type of tablet on the wall. I tapped the power button and the water started spraying from the wall inside the tub. I could change the temperature, the water flow, play music, I could add steam. I just ended up on a warm shower and showered for fifteen minutes. Got dressed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and did my edges.

I made sure to leave everything how it was and clean up after myself, before gathering my purse and taking my phone off the charger. Dexter sensed I was leaving so he got up and followed after me. I walked up the stairs and saw Kash, Axel, Yara, and Malik sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast, while Rosie, Daniel, Jalen, Demi, and Victoria, were sitting at the kitchen island eating. Hailey wasn't anywhere in sight though. They didn't notice I was here, they just kept talking amongst themselves.

"Pass the fuckin' cereal?" Axel told anyone who was willing to pass it over to him.

"You eating cereal and Fantasia just sat up here and cooked all this food? Fuck wrong with you?" Kash glared at him.

"Bitches ain't never had shit, don't know how to appreciate good things." Rosie mumbled bitting into a green apple.

"No, I do not. So go ahead and pass the cereal, bitch." Axel rolled his eyes.

Rosie reached over and grabbed the apple jacks from across the table, and walked over to Axel then smacked the box across his head and let it fall to the ground. "Play with ya mother, and not me, hoe."

"Hoe," He mutter harshly when she sat down.

"Do I have to smack you again?" Rosie asked standing up a bit.

Axel didn't say anything and Rosie sat back down to eat her food.

"Is your cheek bruising?" Demi questioned looking over Axel's face.

Jalen observed the bruise forming on Axel's cheek. "Her ass heavy handed."

"You can scoot over, Axel. I don't want you to get yo hurt all over my coat. I just got this. It's vintage." Yara frowned moving her plate and herself away from him.

"His hurt?" Daniel raised a brow. "Is that a thing?" Yara shrugged taking a sip of her orange juice and that's when she noticed I was here. "Cassandra?" Everyone turned their heads to where I was standing.