𝒇 𝒐 𝒓 𝒕 𝒚 𝒔 𝒊 𝒙

Cassandra's Pov

Mama and Dad got into a pretty heated argument after that. 

When Mama had revealed she wanted a divorce she made sure to be extra petty and basically started making out with Tom in front of all of us. It was nasty to say in the slightest. So after that Dad had started screaming and tried to kick Tom out. That old ass nigga really wasn’t trying to go so Dad was tryna square up and that’s when Henry stepped in. He made sure that the man left so me and him could go lay down. That all happened at around three o’clock and it was nine now and even though Tom gone, Mama and Dad still downstairs arguing. I can’t sleep in these conditions so I pulled out a notebook and started doodling all through the pages. This actually supposed to be my reading notebook but I guess I'mma just get to that bridge when I cross it. 

The arguing had started growing louder and I had the toxic childhood urge to place my hands over my ears and hide under the covers, I didn’t end up doing it though. Just continued to draw.

I heard a plate shatter and mama started doing one of her dramatic movie scene breakdowns, while Dad just continued to argue. They ass be draining the fuck outta me.

“You okay?” Henry cracked the door, peeking his head in.

“Yeah,”

We stayed silent for a while and the only noise that was going on was what was going on downstairs. “We’ll, I’mma try and see if I can get him out the house. Trick him and take him to iHop for a while.” He told me and I shrugged, dusting off the lil shavings the eraser left behind. 

I didn’t say anything to that so he just ended up leaving, shutting the door behind him. I had noticed about ten minutes later the noise had stopped so I took it as a sign that Henry had actually got him out the house. Thank god. 

My phone started ringing and I picked it up seeing it was Hailey trying to facetime. I answered on the third ring because my phone was acting slow. 

“Wassup, dude?” She smiled softly, propping the phone up against something before relaxing into the chair. That’s when I noticed when her wrist was wrapped up in some type of cast and she wasn’t even in her own house. There were like three guys in the back vaping.

“Why didn’t you go home?” I squinted at her and I saw her eyebrow twitch.

“I did. I left.” She shrugged. 

I frowned a bit, glancing down at the watch on my wrist. It’s still early for her, I guess. I looked back up and saw her eating grapes out of a bowl with her wrapped up arm.

“What happened to your hand?”

“I broke my wrist.” 

“We literally just talked a couple of hours ago.” I sighed, placing my notebook down. “You really need to start sitting your ass down somewhere.” 

“I tripped on a chew toy. I didn’t even do anything.” 

“You fell off the garage roof.” One of the boys corrected from his spot on the bed, not looking up from his phone. 

I gave Hailey a look and she sighed before getting on her knees in the seat and turning to look at the boy. “Shut yo ass up sometimes, bro. You literally so fucking irritating. I can’t stand yo ugly, stupid, janky, offbeat ass. Suck a fucking dick-” 

“Why would you even lie?” I ask, cutting her off and I watch as she turns around and sinks into the seat, mumbling something to herself. “What was that?” I raised a brow, not making out any of the things she had said.