𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑜 𝑛 𝑒

Cassandra's POV
March 3rd 2022 (big timeskip) <3

"You've been busy, huh?" Chucky grins, letting his fingers graze over the hickies on my neck.

"Mm, something like that." I laugh a fake laugh, subtlety shrugging him off of me, pulling up my the hood to my hoodie so I could better hide the marks littered on my neck in certain areas. Crazy thing is, I remember I literally had told Hailey that I sucked at covering these up so she shouldn't even keep at it for so long but she decided to keep going anyway.

He clears his throat, using his arm to lean himself against the locket next to mine. "So, uh, if you're not doing anything with your friends, me and the guys are driving with their girl's to the drive-in theater on kit avenue. I was wondering if you'd want to go up there with me? We'll be skipping and everything, so.." He trails off.

I shrug, trying to take a minute and think about what he's asking 'cause for the past two days I've been having a problem with basic comprehension and a very big problem with losing my train of thought. I also been having headaches but they come and go throughout the day. When that happens all I have to do is pop two Tylenol's and I'm fine. Until they come back - and then I'm taking more Tylenol.

Ah, and there goes another headache...

"Wait.." I mutter, wiping my eyes. "Y-you said that old drive-in theater?" I look at him with a confused look and he just nods. "The drive-in theater w-where.. guys bring their girlfriends so they can hook up?"

The smile on Chucky's face slowly fades away as a red tint creeps it's way on his cheeks, as he lets out small nervous chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Um, yeah, I guess.. b-but I wasn't thinking on doing that with you, if that's what you were thinking, Cassie.." He tells me slowly.

At least - it sounds all slow like coming out of his mouth (i can't stress how much i didn't mean that in a mean way.

All I can hear is the sound of my heartbeat thumping in my ears, all I can concentrate is the feeling of dizziness, the feeling of moving even though I am not.

"Cassie?" He asks and I shake my head inhaling a little. "Wait- what'd you say?" I ask.

Chucky knits his eyebrows together, letting out a small laugh. His laugh not genuine. It's one of those 'bitch, why you acting so weird, i'm uncomfy' laughs.

"Are you even listening to me right now?" He asks and I nod quickly. "Yeah, yeah.. of course I am."

Except I can't remember what we were talking about. I just need a nap, a bottle of tylenol, and a burger with the works. Maybe even fries..

"I got more than enough room in my two seater for you.." Chucky starts. "How 'bout you catch a ride to McDonald's with me for lunch?" He suggests.

Didn't he just ask that? Wait.. did I even respond?

"Um.." I trail off seeing my counselor, Mrs. Adams beckon me to come here with her finger as she sits at her desk, her door opened for anyone to just walk in. I close my locker shut, nodding but not exactly sure to what I'm agreeing to. "...y-yeah, sure?"

"Great," Chucky smiles. "I'll be at my car after school"

I step into Mrs. Adams office with a clouded mind and smiling at nothing in particular. I stumble a little but I don't think she notices.

Shakily, I grab onto the armrests and take a seat in the chair in front of Mrs. Adams' desk. "Um, hi" I wave slightly and she laughs a little.

"Cassie, you look absolutely beautiful today. How have you been?" She questions and I nod simply. "I've been good, and you?"