𝒕 𝒉 𝒆 𝑒 𝑥 𝑐 𝑒 𝑢 𝑡 𝑖 𝑜 𝑛

Cassandra's pov

"If at any time during your visit, you become disruptive to the unit or if your presence is upsetting to the patient, you may be asked to leave. All patients have the right to refuse any visitor and have the option to terminate your visit at any time." The older pale man informs me with a tired sigh and a look of exasperation. "And you're sure you have no sharp objects or anything else the patient can use to harm themselves in your possession?" He asks, for the millionth time during our walk down this eerie, silent ass hallway. I shake my head 'no', they wouldn't have let me in here if I did. He sighs again and pulls the door open.

"Alright, enjoy your visit, ma'am."

I give him a weak smile and step in the room.

It's quiet in here too.

The walls our padded, there are multiple sets of tables and chairs, card games, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, and there are four men in each corner of the room with padded bats and emotionless looks on their faces.

"...It's cold in here." A voice I've been waiting to hear for the last three weeks complains from the other side of the room.

Another voice I'm unfamiliar with tells her that they've adjusted the temperature to her liking five times in the last ten minutes, and that the chills she was feeling were only symptoms of the withdrawals she was currently going through.

She doesn't respond to that and I force myself to look up from the floor.

"What are you doing here?" She calls out to me and I frown a bit. Not at her question, but at her appearance.

You'd think all the money Fantasia and Duke pays this place they'd use some of it to make sure Hailey's appearance looked decent, but it was obvious they didn't.

Her hair was damp and greasy, I could see that from here. Her face was covered in sweat, there was a bit of unwiped dried blood under her nose and on the side of her cheek.

Her white t-shirt looked wet and it looked like it had been stretched. Her sweatpants are baggy, and she wore white knee length socks on her feet.

"I came to see you," I mumble and she looks me up and down. "I came to see how you were doing."

She laughs dryly and rolls her eyes hard. "No, bae. You came to see how miserable I am without you. It's been two months and you're already doing this lame ass shit."

"I miss you."

"Stop lying!" She snaps, raising her voice.

I take a step back and the men in the corners give me a look to see if I need them to intervene and I shake my head.

"You do not fucking miss me. So stop with that lying shit. You a college girl now. Go do that college girl shit. You moved on with your life. S-so. why the fuck do you keep coming around me to constantly let me know I can't do that. Why do you have to be a selfish fucking bitch?" She spits and tears well up in my eyes as she steps closer to me, slowly backing me against a wall.

"Please, I-I just wanted you to get better.."

"I knew from the first time you left me, our first breakup." She chuckles, running a hand through her hair. "That you didn't give a fuck about me, a fuck about us."

"You took my watch. You ended it." I tell her and she looks up from her hands and I see her eyebrow tic starts acting up.

"Nobody told your ass to leave."