𝒕 𝒉 𝒊 𝒓 𝒕 𝒚 𝒇 𝒐 𝒖 𝒓

chapter thirty four

Cassandra's pov

I check myself out in the mirror for a few seconds for what feels like the millionth time within the last twenty minutes, before I finally just pick up the expensive caramel smelling perfume Demi gifted me as a belated birthday present. I spray it all over my freshly washed, moisturized, and clothed body.

Eric told me to dress casual, but not something that would be expensive because we would most likely be getting dirty. I ended up putting on a soft white knitted crop top, a pair of baggy jeans with a huge slit in the knee, a white pair of somewhat dirty Air Force 1's, and I tied it all together with a blue and yellow long sleeve button up around my waist. I finished it all off with the blue trucker hat I keep stealing from Hailey, and a few wristbands.

Lion hops onto the bed I've been sleeping on for the last three days, and growls a bit. I turn to him and he sticks his tongue as he rolls over. He only does that when he wants to play and sadly I can't engage in that right now.

"Sorry buddy, I'm going out. We'll play later though. I promise." I tell him and give him a gentle scratch behind the ear.

He yawns and stretches before getting comfortable and laying down to relax. My phone starts to ring and Hailey's caller ID pops up on my screen, I press answer and put the phone against my ear. "Hello?" I say, glancing at my reflection in the mirror.

"Can you please hurry?" Hailey asks. "You're taking quite awhile."

"You can't give me a second?" I whine a little.

"I gave you twelve hundred."

"Twelve hundred?" I ask, a little confused.

"Yeah, you got twelve hundred seconds in twenty minutes." She explains easily and I nod in understanding. "Awn, look at yo homeschooled self knowing numbers and minutes and things." I laugh and she sighs.

Let me just hurry up because she really does not have the patience or attention to sit in that car and wait for me.

"Okay, okay, here I come." I say and she gives me a sarcastic 'thank you' before I hang up and fix my shoelaces.

I get my phone charger, lip gloss, wallet, and my stick of gum before leaving out the door.

I don't know what possessed me to leave the state without my purse.

Now I'm carrying all my necessities in my hands like a dummy. And these ain't even all the necessities I need anyway.

But it's gonna have to do.

I leave the door open so Lion can leave and go as he pleases, and get up the stairs. I walk threw the kitchen, pass the living room, and out the door, locking it behind me.

Fantasia and Duke left a few minutes ago to take care of some rich people business, so they weren't here but they did ask me to lock the door when I left.

I double check that it's lock and walk onto the driveway seeing Hailey fine lil self leaning the car's body, doing something on her phone.

"Jiyu," I call out to her.

She looks up and a smile plays on her pretty lips. "You took forever."

"I won't next time," I say as she goes over to the driver side of the car and opens the door before unlocking it. I open it and get in closing the door shut behind me.

She waits to close the door as she texts someone on her phone and it takes awhile for her to stop, but eventually she does closes it, we buckle our seatbelts as she starts the car.