Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

"Vamire's?" Skinner repeated.

Lexi looked over at Chase who was already holding his stake. Lexi looked at Anne who was still standing beside Chase her wide eyes were looking back at Lexi. "It's ok Anne, I won't let anything happen to you." She said. Lexi got up from her seat and ran over to the still open door. She could just make out the sound of screams.

Alpha Redclaw and Millar were on their phones immediately calling for back up. "Do you have a stake?" Chase asked Lexi.

Lexi lifted her hand up behind her head, shifting her hair she pulled the stake she had strapped to her back out from under her dress. "I do"

"Good, I need to go find my parents and Lisa, can you stay here and help protect the royals?"

Lexi frowned at him "There isn't enough Custodians here to protect everyone"

"Just guard Anne and her father," Chase told her walking towards the door

"What about Ryan and his parents?"

Chase stopped walking and looked back at her "Your mate is more important than your job?" He asked harshly.

Lexi crossed her arms over her chest "Says the guy leaving the royals to go and find his mate."

Chase sighed and lowered his head "You're right, I'm sorry" He said before walking out of the room.

"Where is he going?" Alpha Redclaw asked.

"To find his mate" Lexi told him as she closed the doors.

"How could vampires get on the school ground? it's holy ground they should be burning up." Alpha Miller said.

The doors to the room barged open and Andrew raced into the room with another man, "Josh thank god you are alright" Alpha Miller said.

Lexi looked at the blond haired man who looked to be a few years older than her. "Father we need to leave, the vampires have somehow gotten onto the school grounds."

"We know. How many are there?"

Josh shook his head "I'm not sure, from what I could see there are a lot of them. They are currently attacking all the students that were standing around outside"

"Oh no!" Lexi gasp before looking at Anne "Sam is out there"

"I'm sure he is fine Lexi" She said

Lexi felt torn, she needed to stay there and protect the royals at the same time she felt she needed to go out there and find Sam as well as protect all the helpless students who were being attacked.

"We can't stay in here, we are sitting ducks if we do" Alpha Redclaw said. "We need to find a way out to safety."

"We can't do that, we need to sit here and wait" Skinner said.

"For what Skinner? For them to find us?" Redclaw asked.

"No of course not. I mean for help to come" Skinner said.

Lexi looked at Alpha Redclaw. "We should be out there fighting, not running away, or hiding."

"And what do you propose we do with Anne, or Luna Miller? They are not able to fight."

Lexi sighed "I don't know, but I can't stay here and listen to the screams of my classmates while vampire suck them dry."

"You are right," He said with a sigh. He looked over at Alpha Miller "We will help you and your wife escape with my daughter. You will protect her with your life" He told him with a growl. "The rest of us, we will join into the fight" He told him.