Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Lexi woke up to the sound of light knocking on her door, she sighed and climbed out of her comfy bed. It seems someone knocking on her door was always waking her.

She opened the door to find Chase standing there. "Andrew asked me to come find you, he said he needed to talk to you"

Lexi nodded her head knowing this was Andrews way of letting her know it was time for her shift at guarding Anne, she still didn't understand why Alpha Redclaw didn't fill Chase in on what they were doing.

"Oh ok, where is he?" Lexi asked.

"He is guarding Anne's bedroom door."

Lexi nodded her head, turned, walked back into her room, grabbed her black combat boots, and slipped them on before tying up the laces.

Chase walked into her room and looked around. "Listen Lexi, I need to talk to you about what happened today"

Lexi paused in tying her laces and lifted her head up to look at Chase. He wasn't looking at her instead he was staring at the picture frames of her and Anne that lined her desk.

"Oh, ok. What did you want to say?" She asked him softly already knowing by his behaviour that it wasn't going to be a talk that she liked.

"It was a mistake, I need you to understand what we did was a mistake" He said looking away from the pictures and looking over at her sitting on her bed.

"A mistake" She said softly.

"Yes, it should never have happened, you are a student here and I don't feel for you that way. I don't know what had come over me but it was wrong. So wrong" He said shaking his head.

"But you kissed me back, I felt it" She said softly.

"I know, and I'm sorry for leading you on like that. You are great person Lexi but you and I can never be anything more than trainer and, student."

Lexi took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain she was feeling in her chest "I understand" She said softly.

"Good" He said nodding his head "I better get going" He turned to leave the room.

The hurt that Lexi was feeling had turned to anger when Chase turned his back on her. "I know you like me Chase" She said stopping him in his tracks "I felt it when you kissed me back. So don't give me that bull about not being interested in me. Tell me the truth at least if you are going to go to so much trouble to push me away"

Chase looked at her "That was the truth Lexi, we can never be anything more than trainer and student. Please just drop it, it would be best if we pretend that it never happened."

Lexi swallowed audibly "Fine" She said with a hint of anger in her voice

She finished tying her shoe and stood, storming past Chase "Shut the dam door when you leave" She told him as she walked out of her room.

She made her way down her hall, she was about to make her way up the stairs to the hall way when she felt shivers run down her back, she turned and looked down the stair case, she felt as if something wasn't right. She took a few steps down and listened for any noise down stairs.

She frowned when she didn't hear anything, she knew it was late but there still should have been people down stairs.

"What are you doing?" Lexi almost jumped out of her skin when Chase spoke behind her.

She looked at him before returning her gaze down the darkened staircase "Where is everyone?" She asked softly.

"All student were ordered to go to their rooms at eight o'clock, it's a new curfew that has been put in place."