Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Deciding that they were hungry, Sam and Lexi made their way to the cafeteria. They had just gotten their food and were looking for a place to sit when Sam tapped Lexi on the shoulder.

“Hey Lex’s, Whose that sitting over there with Anne?”

Lexi looked over to where Sam was looking and cringed “That would be her dear cousin Simon” she could not help the disgusted tone in her voice.

Sam looked at Lexi with one eyebrow raised “Not a fan?”

She shivered “No I’m not”

Sam tilted his head to the side “What’s wrong with him? He seems cute to me”

Lexi snorted “That’s because you can’t hear what he’s saying from here, he’s the most stuck up, up himself jerk I have ever met”

Lexi looked over at the red head guy sitting next to Anne, her father and his father were brother’s. Because Simon’s father was the second child born to an Alpha, he automatically became a lower Royalty. Although you would never guess, that Simon was only a lower royalty. The way he acted you would think he was a higher royalty waiting to inherit the Alpha position.

“I wonder what he’s doing here?” Lexi asked out loud.

Sam grabbed her arm and started to pull her toward them “Well there’s only one way to find out.”

“Sam what are you doing?” Lexi hissed

Sam stopped pulling Lexi and looked her in the eyes “Look around Lexi, the only spare seats in here is at Anne’s table. So unless you want to eat your food standing up I see no other choice but to sit with them”

Lexi scanned the crowded cafeteria and sighed when she realised Sam was right. “Fine” she said through clenched teeth.

Sam started to walk again and Lexi reluctantly followed him over to Anne’s table “But don’t say I didn’t warn you about Simon” She muttered

“Yeah, yeah, I’ve been warned” Sam said waving a hand at her.

They reached Anne’s table and she looked up at them with surprise look on her face “Hey Anne do you mind if Lexi and I sit here?” Sam asked grabbing a seat in front of them and sitting down.

Simon scoffed beside Anne “Commoners should find somewhere else to sit, you do know we are royalty, we can’t be seen sitting with you go find somewhere else to sit”

Lexi looked over at Sam and raised one eyebrow at him in a see I told you so gesture. Sam ignores Simon and pulls out the other chair beside him “There you go Lexi, take a seat”

Simon scoffed “Oh great the Custodian in training who lies”

Lexi’s back stiffened at his comment. She felt her anger rise as she glanced over at Anne. “Screw it” She said as she grabbed the chair Sam had offered her and sat herself down.

Simon scoffed again “You know Lexi I knew you were nothing but trouble when my uncle choose you as Anne’s Custodian when you were only five”

Lexi bit her tongue as she looked at Simon, she knew if she opened her mouth nothing good would come out. She glanced over at Anne and felt her anger rise even more at the fact that Anne didn’t correct Simons assumption of her by telling him that Lexi didn’t lie.

“So Lexi” Sam said beside her “Have you given any thought as to whose Custodian you will be?”

Lexi looked at Sam and frowned at his question. He already knew that she was going become Alpha Redclaws Custodian as soon as she graduated. Judging by the slight smirk on his face, he was obviously playing with someone by asking that question she glanced over at Anne and noticed her jaw was clenched. Ah Sam was trying to piss Anne off. Lexi thought to herself.

“Actually I have had a couple of offers already.” she said as she picked up her fork and started digging into her food.

“Yeah I’m sure they are just commoners” Simon said.

Lexi looked at Simon and smiled “Actually one of my offers is from an Alpha, the other is from a lower royalty, but I guess your right Simon lower royalty is nothing but a commoner”

“How dare you!” He screamed gaining the attention of the students at the nearby table “I could have you expelled for talking to me like that!”

Lexi laughed at his comment “Please Simon, you have no say here so stop acting like your some one important”

Sam snicked beside her “Burned” He said in a low voice making Lexi smile.

She watched as Simons breathing increased his chest rose and fell rapidly “You will be sorry for that comment”

Lexi rolled her eyes “Whatever Simon”

The table became quiet and Lexi and Sam began to eat their food again. After about ten minutes of silence, Simon began talking to Anne again.

“So Anne how are you doing, must be scared that the incompetence of the Custodians in this school could not keep one single girl safe at the museum.”

“Im ok” Anne said softly “I was in the bathroom when it happen, my Custodian had asked Lexi to go with me so I knew I was safe”

Simon barked out a laugh “Safe with Lexi? Please you would have been safe with a dog”

Lexi squeezed the metal fork in her hand until the metal bent. “In that case Anne should have took you to the bathroom then.”

Lexi watched as Simon face filled with rage he opened his mouth no doubt to sat something stupid but Lexi cut him off “Why are you here Simon? You’re not a student and it’s not family weekend, does the school even know that you are here?”

“Not that it’s any of your business but I came to check on the welfare of my cousin, as soon as I heard that a girl had been taken I had to come and see if Anne was ok”

Lexi frowned at him then glanced over at Anne who has barely said more than two words since Sam and Lexi had sat down.

Having lost her appetite she pushed her plate away and looked at Sam “Well this was fun but I have things to do, I will see you later” She pushes herself up from her seat and walks away without giving them a second glance.

“Hey Lexi” Ryan said walking up beside her as she made her way through the crowd of the cafeteria.

“Hey Ryan”

“You up for a game of pool?” He asked.

Lexi shrugged her shoulders “Sure why not”

They walked out of the cafeteria and made their way over to the common room, which was just as busy. “Looks like we are going to have to wait for a game” Ryan said as they took in all the full pool tables.

“That’s fine” Lexi said as she spotted a couch that was vacant and made her way towards it. Once they both sat down she scanned the room “I can’t believe how packed it is in here”

“I know, it’s because of the restrictions that have been put in place”

Lexi looked over at Ryan “What restrictions?”

“No students are allowed in the woods for a run, the only places we are allowed are our room, the cafeteria, and here.” he said gesturing the common room.

“Who told you that?”

“A heap of Custodians went around telling students about an hour ago”

Lexi frowned and realised she would have been locked in the supply closet with Chase about an hour ago. She felt a blush rise when she thought about the kiss they share. “Oh” Was all she could think of to say.

They sat there for an hour talking about random things when Lexi let out a loud yawn “Sorry” She muttered.” I think I need to go and have a sleep.” She said standing from the seat.

“Oh ok, well I guess I will see you tomorrow then”

She nodded her head as Ryan before walking away and making her way to the second level of the girl’s dorms and going to her room, she knew she would have to guard Anne again tonight so she needed to have some sleep before she was on duty.

She had a quick shower chucking on a pair of loose fitting black trackies and a tight black shirt before crawling into bed and falling asleep.