Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

They enter the large museum, and a soon as everyone was inside they scattered all going in different directions. Lexi followed Ryan over to a large panting. She didn't have to learn about the art so while Ryan checked the painting out she scanned the area around them. She looked over the other side of the room and noticed Anne, Chase and Andrew standing there. Andrew was scanning the area like Lexi was while Chase stood beside Anne talking to her. Andrew spotted Lexi looking their way and nodded his head at her before looking away.

"Hey Lexi, now that you are no longer Anne's Custodian what are you going to do?" Ryan asked from beside her before he started walking away from the painting.

Lexi followed beside him still scanning the area while she tried to think of an answer. She didn't want every one knowing that she was now going to be Alpha Redclaws Custodian. She thought it be best if she kept it a secret, she didn't mind telling Sam because she trusted him completely and knew he would keep that information to himself.

"I'm not sure" she settled on saying.

Ryan looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You must be hating not knowing what you are going to do, I mean your entire life you have trained to be Anne's Custodian and to one day wake up and no longer be it....must be hard for you." He said looking at her. When Lexi didn't say anything her continued. "If it helps, I haven't chosen a guard yet. If you want I could pick you?"

Lexi looked at him shocked for a moment that Ryan would want her as his guard "Thanks Ryan, that's nice of you to offer. But I think I will just enjoy the rest of the school year not worrying about who I am going to guard"

Ryan nods his head "Yeah live your own life why you can. I get it"

They continued to walk around the room, Ryan looking at the artwork while Lexi scanned the room. Her eyes met Chase's a couple of time but Lexi looked away as soon as they did. She was angry at the way he behaved earlier at the hall room, when he asked her where she had been, and the way he singled her out on the bus and told her to act like a Custodian. When all the other kids weren't and to top it off she was extremely pissed that he was spending all his time with Anne smiling and laughing at her comments while Anne flirted with him.

"Earth to Lexi" Ryan said beside her.

She looked over at him and frowned "What?"

"I asked if you were hungry."

Lexi shrugged her shoulders "I could eat"

"Good" he said smiling at her "Because I'm starving"

They walked out of the art room and headed towards the small cafeteria that was joined onto the side of the museum. As soon as they walked into the room, Lexi noticed most of the kids from school occupied the most of the tables. Only a few humans where in there.

"What do you feel like to eat?" Ryan asked

"Maybe just a burger"

"Ok why don't you go find us a seat while I order it" Ryan suggested.

Lexi shook her head "Sorry Ryan but where you go I go"

Ryan smirked "I just had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom"

Lexi rolled her eyes "Except for there. I'm sorry Ryan but you will have to hold it"

Ryan pouted his lips at her "Your no fun"

Lexi pointed behind Ryan to the woman behind the counter who was waiting on Ryan to order. He placed their orders and paid for them before standing aside and waiting for the food to be cooked.