Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

“Thank you Skinner, I will take it from here” Lexi heard Alpha Redclaw say as they approached the gate.

“I think I should stay just in case you need me” She heard Skinner say.

“I’m sure I can handle this on my own” Alpha Redclaw said with a growl

Lexi looked at Principle Skinner and noticed she had flinched away from him. “Of course” she said bowing her head at him then turning and glaring at Lexi before walking away.

“Wow some ones not happy” Lexi said to Chase.

Chase ignored Lexi and walked up to Alpha Redclaw “I found her sir” he said before bowing his head

“Very good Chase, I knew I could count on you”

“Will that be all sir?”

“Yes thank you Chase, if you could go and check on my daughter and her new guard before retiring I would appreciate it”

“Of course Alpha” Chase said bowing once more before walking away.

Lexi shuffled herself from one foot to another, she was sure that Alpha Redclaw was about to yell at her because he thought she had lied about everything.

“Lexi please, there is no need to be nervous” he told her.

Lexi couldn’t help the snort that came out of her “Easy for you to say, you aren’t about to be ripped a new one by an Alpha”

Alpha Redclaw burst out laughing surprising Lexi “Oh Lexi I do like your honestly, it is so refreshing”

“Er sorry” Lexi said unsure of what else to say

Alpha Redclaw sighed “When you have been Alpha as long as I had and accumulated as much power that I have you find that most people are afraid to speak the honest truth to you. So one must learn to read between the lines, but not with you Lexi. I know what you say is the truth…..most of the time anyway.”

He started walking away from the fence and down the driveway away from the school “Did you really believe that I didn’t know what was happening to my daughter at this school?” he asked

“Wh…what?”

He laughed again “Come on Lexi, do you really think me that dense as not to pick up on the situation here, I knew Anne was having problems”

“You did?” she asked shocked “Then why let her say, why didn’t you say anything?”

He shrugged his shoulders “I knew you wouldn’t let anything happen to my daughter Lexi. I know you would give your life to protect hers, and if what I have been hearing about your rescue from that motel, I was right” he looked at her “Is it true you took down three trained Custodians who had you pinned to the bed? That it took two darts to take you down?”

Lexi looked at him with her mouth wide open, she shook her head to see if she was dreaming but when she finished shaking and she was still standing there with him she could not believe it “Er yeah” she said sheepishly.

“I also heard that you didn’t start fighting them until you realised Anne was not there, once you spotted her empty bed that’s when you attacked them. That’s what a true Custodian is all about Lexi, putting your life before your charge. I couldn’t have asked for any one better to guard my daughter”

“Yeah, well it’s a shame I’m no longer going to be a Custodian” Lexi grumbled kicking the rocks on the ground with her feet.

“Nonsense, I won’t allow you not to become one”