Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Lexi once again was sitting in principle Skinners office but instead of Anne sitting beside her this time it was Chase.

"Now" Principle Skinner said as she walked around her desk and sat down. "Tell me again what happened."

"We were walking down the halls" Chase began saying but principle Skinner held her had up stopping him.

"Not you, I want Lexi to tell me."

Lexi rolled her eyes "Like Chase was saying we were walking down the hall when I felt something calling me, we went down stairs to check it out. The voice that was calling me lead me to the front gate where a man was standing, I didn't know he was a vampire and before I knew it he had enthralled me. Chase stopped me from going to him and snapped me out of my daze. When we looked back at the gate the man was gone but something was laying on the ground. We both went to the gate and pulled what we found to be a black sheet inside the gate. It didn't ignite so we knew it wasn't a vampire. When we opened the sheet we found" Lexi paused as the images of Sally's dead body flashed through her mind. She shook her head hoping that would stop them. "We found Sally's body" She said softly.

Chase placed a hand on Lexi's shoulder "Are you ok?"

Lexi looked at him and nodded her head "I'm fine, "

"Well isn't that convenient" Principle Skinner says butting in.

Chase looks at her and frowns "I'm sorry, what's convenient?"

Principle Skinner looks at Lexi "That Lexi is the one to find the body," Principle Skinner tilts her head to the side and stares at Lexi. "A little to convenient if you ask me, so this vampire just called you there so he could show you her body?"

Lexi frowns "What, no, I don't know why he called me there"

"Mmm" Principle Skinner says "How did the vampire know who you are?"

Lexi frowns "I don't know, I have never seen a vampire before so I wouldn't know how he knew my name"

"Sure you haven't" Principle Skinner says as she stands from her seat.

"I'm sorry Skinner, but it sounds to me like you are accusing Lexi of having something to do with Sally being taken?"

"That's because I am Chase, I have always known Lexi was a bad egg, now all I have to do is find the proof that she was involved and I will finally be rid of her"

"Wait, what?" Lexi said standing from her seat "I had nothing to do with that!"

"Sit down Lexi" Principle Skinner ordered her.

"No I will not sit down and listen to you make up things about me," Lexi started to pace in front of Skinners desk "Why would you think I could do such a terrible thing. I know you don't like me but accusing me of something so terrible is....." Lexi was so worked up she couldn't think of what to say.

"Ha! See she can't even defend herself properly, that's guilt right there" principle Skinner said with a smile on her face.

"Enough!" Chase roared "You have no right of accusing Lexi of having anything to do with Sally's death, I'm sure Alpha Redclaw will be interested in hearing that you are once again picking on Lexi."

Lexi watched as Principle Skinner paled "She is a suspect I have a right to question here" She said defending herself.

"You're not question her though, you are accusing her there is a difference. And she is not a suspect she is a witness. I think that's it's best that we call Alpha Redclaw in to access the situation and to find someone less biased to question Lexi" With that said Chase grabbed Lexi by the hand and dragged her out of Principle Skinners office. As soon as they were outside the building, Chase stopped and looked at her. "Are you ok?" He asked.