Chapter Twenty Eight

Lexi watched as Alpha Redclaw opened the door to Skinners office, Lexi and Anne walked in behind him. She noticed Skinner's cheek was a little bruised no doubt from when Alpha Redclaw had lost his temper with her. Lexi scanned the room and found Ryan sitting on one of the sofas with his head in his hand. She walked over to him and sat down beside him placing a hand on his back.

"Hey" She said softly "Are you ok, I'm so sorry about your sister,"

"She didn't kill herself" He mumbled through his hands.

"I know" Lexi said agreeing with him.

He lifted his head and looked at her, she noticed his eyes were red and swollen "You believe me?"

"Of course I believe you. Your sister had no reason to want to die"

Ryan nodded his head and let out a deep breath "Thank you Lexi,"

She started to rub his back gently in an attempt to comfort him "Don't worry Ryan, we will find out what really happened, and whoever did this to her will pay."

"What is she doing here?" She heard Skinner say.

"Lexi has every right to be here, so I suggest you lay off her." Alpha Redclaw said with a growl.

"I can't possibly see why she has the right to be here, Ryan's parents will be here soon and I am sure they won't appreciate some school girl in here." Skinner said ignoring the Alpha's warning.

Ryan looked at Lexi "What's her problem" he mumbled

Lexi rolled her eyes "She has it in for me, don't worry about it."

Ryan growled. "I have proposed to you Lexi, it is now my job to take care of you, so I will worry about it." Lexi opened her mouth to tell him that he may have proposed but she hadn't said yes. But before she could say a word Ryan stood from his seat and walked over to Skinner and growled "She is my fiancée and I am sure my parents will be happy to know that my future mate is by my side during my time of need, so back the fuck off her" He said screaming the last part.

A growl had Lexi looking towards the door, she hadn't realised that Chase had entered the room. She watched as he cleared his throat "The Millar's are here."

"Show them in Chase" Skinner said softly, obviously rattled by Ryan's display of dominance.

Chase walked out of the room and soon returned with a sobbing woman, who was being assisted by a man that looked to be an older version of Ryan.

"Alpha Miller." Skinner said bowing her head. Ryan's father was Alpha of a medium size pack, he was not as dominant as Alpha Redclaw but he still had power. Ryan's older brother would someday take over his father position and run the pack. Ryan would most likely become Beta. If anything were to happen to his brother before he birthed an heir then Ryan would become an Alpha. But in less that happen Ryan would stay as a lower Alpha.

Alpha Miller ignored Skinner "Mark, it is good to see you. I only wished it was under better circumstances." Alpha Miller said to Alpha Redclaw.

"Peter, I am so sorry for your loss, if there is anything I can do, please let me know." Alpha Redclaw said to Ryan's dad. "How are you Meg?" He asked Ryan's mother.

"My baby is dead." She whispered softly.

"Why don't you have a seat." Skinner suggested.

Alpha Miller lead his wife over to the sofas where Ryan and Lexi were sitting. Ryan stood from his seat "Sir" he said owing his head to his father."