Chapter Twenty Three

"Lexi" Lexi woke to the sound of her name being called. She opened her eyes and felt a little disorientated. It took her a moment to realise that she was sitting in Anne's hospital room. Alpha Redclaw was no longer sitting near Anne's bed he seemed to have left the room

"Lexi" She heard Anne say.

Lexi looked over at Anne, jumped up out of her seat, raced over to Anne, and wrapped her in her arms. "Thank god you are alright!" She said to her.

"I missed you so much." Anne whispered in her ear.

She pulled away from Anne and looked at her. "I missed you to Anne"

"Does that mean I am forgiven?" Anne asked.

Lexi sighed. "Anne, what you did and said... it really angered me that you would turn on me like that. It hurt that you could so easily turn your back on our friendship the way you did."

"I know, I'm so sorry Lexi" She said softly lowering her gaze and looking at the blanket covering her. "I panicked, it was so stupid of me to do and I regret doing it"

"You're not completely forgiven, I can't, not yet anyway. But I'm willing to try and work and fix our friendship" Lexi told her.

"I guess that's the best I could ask for" Anne said giving her a small smile "Thank you for finding me"

"I will always find you Anne, it doesn't matter if we are friends or not, I will protect you no matter what."

"I'm sorry about Chase too" Anne said "I was hurt and mad at you."

"It doesn't matter Anne,"

"What do you mean?" Anne asked frowning, "Of course it matters you liked him, I knew you did so I tried to hurt you by going after him"

Lexi sighed "I mean it doesn't matter because I just found out that Chase is engaged," She explained.

"His engaged? Since when? That can't be right, I have seen the way he looks at you, the way he watches you when you are in the same room. He likes you Lexi, and not in the friendship kind of way."

"Yeah well that doesn't matter, his parents have arranged for him to marry a lower royal. I met her when I was in his room."

"Oh lexi I'm so sorry."

Lexi shrugged her shoulders. "I will get over it."

"Yeah" Anne said giving her a sad smile.

"What happened Anne? How did you end up with Simon?"

"I'm so stupid" Anne mumbled, "I was so hurt by our fight that when I left your room and ran into Simon I told him about it. He said he was taking me away from the school for the night so we could go and have some fun. I told him I will just go and get Andrew and we can go. He said that he had his Custodians with him so we wouldn't need Andrew, so I left with him. We pulled up at the hotel and as went to the room you found me in. There were all these man there. I knew some were wolves but I didn't know who the other men were until I noticed they had fangs." Anne squeezed her eyes closed before tears started to fall from her eyes.