Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Anne and Lexi sat in the Principles office waiting for Skinner to arrive.

"Lexi we can't let dad find out about this." Anne whispered next to her.

Lexi looked at Anne's tear stained face and frowned. "Anne we can't keep this from him anymore, this has gotten out of hand. What do you think would have happened to you if I hadn't been there?"

Anne looked away from Lexi and looked down at her hands sitting in her lap. "I don't know." She mumbled.

"Well I can guarantee he wasn't there for tea." Sighing Lexi reached over and took Anne's hands in hers. "Anne" She said softly. "I can't be with you twenty four seven while we're at this school. We need help." She paused trying to think of a better way to convince her. When she couldn't come up with one she continued. "We need your dad to know what's going on so he can send some more personal guards to watch you while I'm not around."

Anne pulled her hands out of Lexi's shaking her head. "No I won't tell him, as soon as he finds out he will send me away to get married."

Lexi lowered her head. "You don't know that for sure."

Anne looks her dead in the eye. "Are you willing to risk being separated to find out?" She asked.

She stare at her for a while not saying anything. Could Lexi live without Anne in her life? It would be hard for her, they hadn't been apart since the day they met. Lexi cursed herself for being so selfish, she had to sacrifice her own happiness for Anne's safety. Lexi thought to herself.

"I would do anything to keep you safe." Lexi told her.

The door to the room opened and principle Skinner walk in with Chase following behind her.

"Right Lexi" Principle Skinner said with a sigh. "Do you mind explaining why you attack a Custodian?"

Lexi's mouth fell opened and she just stared at her. She couldn't believe it she had already told her what had happened and she was acting like she didn't know.

"Well!" Skinner said raising her voice

Lexi blinked a couple of times before she spoke. "Well Principle Skinner, as I have already explained to you, I had attacked your Custodian because he broke into Anne's room. Being Anne's Custodian it is my job to make sure she is safe so In order to do that efficiently I attacked the intruder knocking him unconscious before tying him up." she explained.

Lexi watched as Chase shuffled from on foot to the other. He was standing next to Principles skinner desk staring at her.

"Well that's not the story he told us." Principle Skinner said.

Lexi frowned at her "Who cares what story he made up, he should be arrested and sent as far away from Anne as soon as possible. Better yet send him to her father to deal with."

"That's enough Lexi" Principle Skinner said sternly. "I have had enough of your stories."

Lexi's jaw fell open once again as she stared at her in disbelief. "What?" she asked dumbly.

"You heard me," Principle Skinner said standing up from her desk. "I am sick of all your stories. You are nothing but trouble and quite frankly I don't think you belong here."

"You're one of them." She said. "You're in on it." Lexi snorted, "Of course you are, that's why every time we came to you telling you about everything that was happening to Anne before we left, you wouldn't listen." She looked over at Anne. "You were right." She said to her.

"I beg your pardon young lady If you proceed to continue with any more of your stories I will have you confined to your room until I find other arrangements for you." Principle Skinner threatened.