Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“You can’t do that!” Anne screamed as she stood from her seat.

“I can, and will, Stan please escort Lexi off the school grounds.” Principle Skinner said to one of the school Custodian who was standing off to one side.

Within a matter of seconds, Lexi was walked out of Principle Skinners office, and escorted to the front gate.

“LEXI!” Anne screamed running towards her “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean for you to be kicked out of this school, I tried to take you back as my Custodian, but Principle Skinner said it’s not possible because you are not a student of this school.” She stopped in front of Lexi and reached out to hug her but Lexi stepped away from her arms. Anne dropped them to her side. “I’m so sorry.” She whispered.

Lexi just turned away from her and walked out of the gate, she was now off the school grounds without any weapons or cloths, and if there were any hunters or vampires close by she was as good as dead.

“Lexi! Please don’t go, just wait, I’m sure daddy will sort it out.” Anne cried

Lexi turned around and looked at her with dead eyes. “What’s the point?” She asked with a shrug. “My best friend just betrayed me and told everyone that I lied when I didn’t and then to top that off she fired me as her guard.” she walks back over to the fence. “Why did you do it Anne, just tell me that much?” she asked her.

“I didn’t want to be taken away from you.” She said softly, “If daddy knew the truth he would have made me leave the school.”

Lexi let out a loud bitter laugh. “That’s funny, you made me out to not only be a liar, but also incompetent at my job, you know the one I was born to do, the one I lived for. All because selfish little Anne didn’t want to be taken away.” Lexi took a deep breath to calm myself down.

“I’m sorry” Anne whispered. “I was mad at you for telling my dad about everything.”

“I DID IT TO PROTECT YOU!” She screamed at her.

“I didn’t want him to know!” Anne yelled back but nowhere near as loud as Lexi did.

“You know what?” She said holding her hand up. “It doesn’t matter anymore.” With that said she turned away from her best friend since she was five and took off down the road, away from the school.

Lexi had spent a few months away from the school when her and Anne ran away. Lexi didn’t find it being scary back then so she kept repeating in her head that it wouldn’t be scary now.

“Yeah keep telling your self that Lexi” She mumbled to herself. With no cloths, no money, no weapons, and nowhere to go she knew she was screwed.

Lexi reached a main street that had shops running along it. As she walked by each store she would check them out, browsing at the shop threw the windows to see what they had on sale. Sighing she turned away from things she will never be able to afford and continued walking down the street. She eventually got sick of walking and sat down on a bench, resting her face in her hands she let out a huge sigh. She so wanted to cry right now, but she was still so mad at what Anne had done that she couldn’t.

“Lexi!” she heard a familiar voice yell. She looked up and could see Chase running towards her.

She thought about getting up and running away from him but she couldn’t be bothered moving off her seat, she just sat there and watched as he approached her.

“I didn’t think I would ever find you, you just took off.” He said as he sat down next to her.

She shrugged her shoulders. “No point sticking around where I wasn’t wanted.” she said to him.