Chapter twenty

Chapter Twenty

"What do you mean you can't find her!" Alpha redclaw voice boomed across the room.

"There seemed to have been some confusion on who was guarding her and she ended up being unguarded" Chase explained.

Alpha Redclaws gaze landed on Lexi "What happened?"

"She came to my room, I did what you asked and pushed her away. Made her think we can't be friends. Then she left. I thought Andrew was with her, while he thought I was going to guard her"

"We have searched the school grounds and she is not here." Chase said

"What I want to know" Principle Skinner asked while walking into the room "Is why no one informed me of Anne's disappearance?"

"And have you waste our time by accusing Lexi while the person responsible gets away?" Chase asked.

Skinner glared at Chase "Well has anyone interrogated her? It seems a little too convenient that she is once again in the middle of everything"

"Are you implying that Lexi is involved in my daughter's disappearance?" Alpha Redclaw asked.

Skinner shrugged her shoulders "Well she was involved last time Anne disappeared"

"That's because I went with her!" Lexi screamed.

"Easy now Lexi" Alpha Redclaw said placing a hand on her shoulder. "No one believes you had anything to do with her disappearance" He said in a calming voice "Skinner I am beginning to get a little tired of this little vendetta you seem to have against Lexi, after we find my daughter you and I will be having a long chat about it."

Principle Skinner swallowed audibly "Yes sir"

"Andrew" Alpha Redclaw said to him.

"Yes Alpha"

"I want you to get together a search party to look for Anne,"

"Yes Alpha" He said bowing his head and walking out of the room.

"Lexi, has anything out of the ordinary happened since the last time I had spoken to you." Alpha Redclaw asked her.

"Well Sally baker being taken then there was a vampire at the front gate. Her body was left there" Lexi started mumbling.

"Wait what? A vampire at the school gates." He looked at Principle Skinner "Why wasn't I informed?"

"Well, you see we were still investigating the matter" Skinner explained.

Lexi snorted "Yeah buy investigating you mean accusing me"

A loud growl echoed through the room "Chase, Lexi you are dismissed for the time being" Alpha Redclaw growled "I want you both to try and think of anything that might help us find my daughter." Lexi watched as he clenched his jaw "I will find you when I'm through with Skinner"

Lexi didn't waste any time getting out of the room, she quickly raced through the door and down the hall. Chase jog up to her "Where do you think she might have gone?" Chase asked.

"I don't know, if she left on her own free will then she couldn't have gone far. But.."

"If she were taking we wouldn't know where she is" Chase finished for her.

"Yeah" Lexi said softly. "What happened with the Custodian who tried to take Anne? Maybe he knows if she has been taken or not"

Chase shook his head sadly "They released him from the cells and he hasn't been seen since"

"What! Why would they let him go?" Lexi growled.

"Because Anne told Skinner you lied, so he was released. When you captured him, did you find anything or did he say anything that could help us now?" Chase asked.

Lexi shook her head "No I didn't really give him a chance to speak, I kind of knocked him out. Wait!" Lexi stopped walking.

'What is it?"

"He had matches, for a hotel here in town" She said softly. She squeezed her eyes shut trying to remember the name on it. "What was it" She muttered to herself. "Blue moon, Full moon..." Lexi sighed "I can't..Luna Moon!" She shouted excitedly. "That's it Luna moon, the box of matches said Luna Moon Hotel."

"Come on" Chase said grabbing her by the arm and pulling her along as he walked.

"Where are we going?" Lexi asked.

"To my car"

"Wh..why?"

"So we can go check out this hotel."

"Shouldn't we tell Alpha Redclaw and the rest of the Custodians?" She asked.

Chase shook his head "If she has been taken we don't really know who we can trust. Alpha Redclaw is pissed at the moment, im not going to interrupt him while he is with Skinner"

"Yeah good point" Lexi said.

They walked to the large garage at the side of the administration building. Chase walked up to a black sedan and got into the driver's seat. Lexi followed suit by getting into the passenger seat.

"Do you have your steak I gave you?" Chase asked Lexi.

Lexi nodded her head "Yep"

"Good" Chase said before throwing the car in reverse and pulling out of the garage.

They reached the front gate of the school. Chase stopped the car before jumping out and running to the gate and opening it. Once he had it opened all the way, he ran back to the car and drove the car through the gate. Chase jumped out of the car again to close the gate. Lexi started to feel nervous now that she was no longer on holy ground. She scanned the area outside her window, hoping a vampire wouldn't jump out of nowhere and attack them.

Chase jumped back into the car and they took off down the long driveway. As soon as they were on the road Lexi looked over to chase "What are we going to do when we get to the motel?" She asked Chase.

"We will just watch it for a while and see who comes and goes, maybe we can spot someone familiar."

"Like the custodian who disappeared"

"Exactly" Chase said nodding his head.

It only took them fifteen minutes before they were parked out the front of the motel. It looked relatively quite nobody was walking around outside and there were only a few cars parked in front of the hotel rooms.

"Wait here a minute, I'm going to go see if I can pick up her scent" Chase said before he got out of the car.

"Ok" Lexi said softly.

She watched as he ran away from the car towards the hotel and vanished down a dark alley.

Lexi let out a nervous breath. She searched the area outside her window looking for any signs of hunters and vampires. She didn't know how long she searched out her window for, but the sound of the driver side door opening made her jump and hit her head on the roof of the car.

"Sorry" Chase said softly. "I didn't mean to scare you"

"Did you find her?" Lexi asked

"No" Chase said shaking his head "I couldn't smell her scent anywhere."

Lexi shoulders sag, she thought that they would find Anne here. "What now?" She asked softly.

"Now we just sit and wait, hopefully the matches you found on that Custodian meant that this was a place he met with whoever he was working for."

"Or he could have just used this place for some prostitute he picked up" Lexi muttered.

"or that" Chase agreed.

They sat there in silence for a long time, both staring out the front window of the car at the motel.

"Did you really spend the night with that Ryan guy?' Chase asked out of nowhere.

Lexi looked at Chase and frowned "No, I was guarding Anne all night in secret. Alpha Redclaw didn't want anyone to know"

Chase smiled at her "I should have known." He said shaking his head

Lexi shrugged her shoulders and returned her gaze to the motel.