Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

As soon as they pulled up at the school, Lexi jumped out of the car with Anne in her arms and raced towards the school infirmary. She had just gotten inside the doors when she screamed "I need a doctor."

Everyone in the small hospital turned and looked at Lexi, their eyes widened once they realised who she was holding. A doctor ran over to her "What happened?"

"I don't know, I found her tied up, she was conscious for a few seconds but she hasn't woken up since"

"Bring her in here" The doctor said as he quickly walked away from Lexi and into a room that had a single bed sitting in there.

"Lay her down on that bed" The doctor orders her. Lexi does as she is told and laid Anne down on the hospital bed. "You need to leave the room while I examine her" The doctor tells her.

Lexi growls at the doctor "I'm not leaving her"

The doctor looks at Lexi with wide eyes she could smell the fear leaking off of him, the doctor nods his head once before looking down at Anne and examining her.

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" Lexi heard Alpha Redclaw say out in the hall.

Lexi walked over to the door of the room and opened it. "She is in here sir" Lexi told him.

Alpha Redclaw wasted no time walking past Lexi and into the room "What's wrong with her?" He asks the doctor.

"I need to run some test to confirm my theory but I believe that she has been drugged"

"Drugged?" Lexi says. "What do we do? How do we get the drug out of her?"

The doctor shakes his head "There is nothing that we can do, we just have to wait until the drug runs its course and leave her system"

"Lexi, I would like to be left alone with my daughter" Alpha Redclaw said to her.

Lexi nodded her head at him and turned to leave the room. A hand grabbing her arm stopped her in her tracks. She looks back to find it was Alpha Redclaw who had grabbed her "Thank you Lexi" He said softly "Thank you for finding her and bringing her back to me."

"You don't need to thank me sir, I would do anything for Anne." Lexi said to him.

"I know, she is lucky to have you"

"It wasn't just me, it was Chase too sir, he was hurt badly. If you don't mind I would like to go and check on him?"

"Of course, Andrew is outside the door, he will take you to him"

"Thank you Sir" Lexi said bowing her head.

She walked out the door and just like the Alpha said Andrew was standing there. "Alpha asked me to escort you to Chase's room" He said to her.

"Thank you Andrew" Lexi said.

They walked down the hall past a few doors until Andrew stopped. "He's in there" Andrew said pointing to the door.

"Is he ok?" Lexi asked softly now to scared to walk into the room.

"The doctor said he will be fine, he lost a lot of blood but once his body regenerates more he should be fine."

Lexi let out a relieved breath "Thank you Andrew" She said before walking into the room. She closed the door gently behind her, stood there, and stared at Chase, who was laying there in the small bed with his eyes closed. She noticed he still looked a pasty white but he had started to get a little more colour to his skin. She slowly made her way over to his bed. She picked up his hand and held it in hers. "I'm sorry I wasn't good enough to protect you" She said softly.