Saakshi's Past

Today Saakshi's family left. She said her goodbyes with a smile.

The rest of the guys knew she was gonna miss them. Though the the others couldn't, Jungkook and Jimin joined her at the airport.

Later that night, the rapline(except Grace) were working on a song for their upcoming album, Love Yourself:Her.

The maknae line wasn't aware of this. Jin and the maknae line(except Saakshi) were chilling in Jimin and JK's room.
It was quite late though. It was 3am.

Jin came to the kitchen to get some late night snacks when he heard some noise from the dark living room. He went there but the light switches were on the other side of the room, so he just walked into darkness.

He was about to switch on the lights when he heard sobs. Soft, light sobs, almost inaudible. He saw a figure on the couch.

It was rolled up like a kitten and was hugging a pillow he guessed.

He went near it a understood who it was.

He sat on his knees and put his hand on the figure's head and said, "Saakshi, sweetie..."

She suddenly turned and saw him.

"J-jin o-oppa..."

"Sweetie what's wrong?" he asked with warmth in his voice.

It was rare to see his World Wide Badass Girl crying.

"N-nothing o-oppa... I just h-had a nightm-mare."

He made her sit up and sat beside her side-hugging.

He put his hand on her head and asked,
"Gumdrop, I know a nightmare doesn't have the power to scare my World Wide Badass Girl to this extent."

He took her chin up and asked,"Will you tell me what exactly is wrong?"

Just then the rapline walked in.
And so did the maknaes.
(Yes. People always enter at the most perfect timings in this story. U got a problem with that?)

The rapline were actually planning to go for a walk to get some fresh air while the maknaes came out wondering what took their hyung so much time to get a simple thing like snacks.

The nightlights were switched on. "Babe? Is that you?" Jimin asked with worry.

She looked up and saw everyone and tried to gather herself but ended up sobbing more than she was already doing.

"It's okaay...."

Jin said patting her head. She was laying her head on his shoulder.

"It's okay... It's just them."

By now all of them were sitting around the room.

Jimin was sitting beside her, holding her hands and patting her back.

"Saakshi deary, do you want to talk about this some other time?"

"No Jin oppa, let it be. I came here because I had that terrible nightmare after years."

All of them had a 'we are listening' face.

"The thing is that till I was 7, I was a normal kid going to a normal school with kids of her own age.

Then my parents started fighting. They always fought but this was way more than what they usually did.

My younger brother was 2 at the time and he used to get very scared so I used to run upto his room whenever Aai-Baba used to fight, to console him.

Aai always threw things around in anger and Appa shouted loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear him. They fought on the pettiest things possible.

I was very disturbed and started keeping to myself and drowned myself in studies. I slowly started reading and understanding things that were not going to be even introduced to my class until years later.

My teachers noticed this and from 2nd standard they put me straight into 5th standard.

I noticed my parents were happy with this at least for a while. I put myself to more work and in 6th or 7th standard I passed out from school.

I remember my parents having a big fight over which stream I was supposed to take in college.

My nana(dad) wanted me to take the commerce stream and my aai wanted me to take the science stream.

But I wanted none and joined arts.
They were damn angry and didn't give me lunch for the first month of college. I was used to it though. When ma and pa fought and none of them made dinner, I made food for my brother and me.

I had a small group of four friends including me at college. Since it was a college for specially gifted kids, all of us were of different ages, me being the second youngest. The group was made of a boy and three girls. We were very close. Me and my brother hungout at their places most of the time. It's safe to say that I used to live in their houses and outside than my own home.I had a part time job with insane schedules but I couldn't quit as it was a source of earning for me from which I could take care of my brother."

Yoongi was the one who actually knew how she must have felt back then. His life was similar.

"You guys don't know this but I'm bi."

The guy's (except Jimin) half the question about her words with her mom had been answered. They had a hunch about the next part but decided to let her complete.

As for Jimin, his face was blank.
He didn't know how to react when your own girlfriend comes out in front of you.

For those of you who don't know,
Coming out refers to the process that people who are LGBTQ go through as they work to accept their sexual orientation or gender identity and share that identity openly with other people. Coming out is a very brave thing to do, and it's extremely personal and different for everyone.

To be continued...