Chapter 22

So love me so I can be myself. Now hate me so things seem normal in my head.

--

Back to regular classes na.

Back to regular days.

Back to being cousins who are simply annoyed of being around each other.

Naupo si Zelo sa gilid ng papag at tinitigan ang dalaga. She was in a fetal position while hugging her pillow. Some said that this particular sleeping position signifies that the person is yearning for something. 

Love, maybe?

--

Ang saya-saya ni Dama... finally! She's getting married! 

"You may now kiss the bride." She heard the priest say.

Her beau held her hand at humarap ito sa kanya. She couldn't see his face clearly. All she knows is that she's so in love with him kahit pa nga naka-clown costume ito na black and white.

Suddenly, her gown changed into a cave woman's costume. She couldn't quite figure out why she would wear such a ridiculous outfit on her own wedding... but it seemed so right.

Her groom lifted up her veil. At saka nito pinisil ng todo ang pisngi nya.

"Gising na!"

Nagulat sya ng naging si Zelo ito na nakasando at shorts lang.

She was so upset that she wanted to slap him with the vase she was holding. It was supposed to be her bouquet but she wanted it on a vase.

"Gising na!"

Dama forced her eyes open. Nakita nya si Zelo na nakatungo sa kanya... still pinching her cheeks. Instantly, that grave feeling she felt on her dream turned into a happy feeling. She breathed out a sigh of relief ng marealize nya na hindi pa pala sya ikakasal... at sa ibang lalaki pa.

She was so happy that it's all a dream kaya niyakap nya agad si Zelo.

Natigilan ang binata.

"B-Bangon na." Sabi na lang nito sa kanya.

"Good morning." She murmured against his chest. He patted her head in reply.

"Tinanghali ka na naman."

"Sorry."

"Bitaw na. Baka makita tayo." Hinawakan ni Zelo ang brasong nakapulupot sa kanya at pilit iyong tinatanggal. Nasa labas lang ang nanay nya and he's scared for them to be found out.

"Saglit lang." Lalo namang humigpit ang yakap ng dalaga.

Makalipas ang limang minuto...

"Tulog ka na yata eh."

"Ang sarap kaseng yumakap sa 'yo." Sagot ng dalaga.

Zelo chuckled. "Adik. Bitaw na. Malilate tayo pareho eh."

Sumunod si Dama.

"Exams na natin bukas no?" Tanong nya sa binata. Tumango ito. "Nakapag-review ka na?"

"Di na kelangan."

Sinimangutan nya ito sa sagot nito. "Yabang."

"Ikaw, nag-aral ka na?" Tanong nito sa kanya.

Umiling sya. "Kokopya na lang ako sa 'yo bukas." Nakagiti niyang sagot.

Zelo scoffed. "Oy di porke't--" He blushed because he can't say the next words. Nahihiya pa rin kase sya. Dama understood--for she too is too shy to say it.