Mei Hatsume, AKA: The best person, like, ever

It had been almost a week since Robin had last seen her family, they couldn't make it down that weekend due to something going on at school. Robin had been pretty upset and nothing seemed to help pull her out of her slum, though they finally did have some competent scientists working on her cure. Namely David Shield. The man looked into her case and decided to help her. He'd started to Video chat with her on certain days to discuss her health but he never made it boring. Showing off some of his techs and introducing her to his daughter. However, other than that Robin was mostly sad. She still spent time with her friends but the feeling of being abandoned by her family hurt her a lot more than her coughing fits. That day was especially sad, it was pouring out and Robin was alone. Katashi had chemotherapy that morning, as did Nikko, Haru was spending the day with his mother, and Aika was stuck in physical therapy.

She'd given up on her TV and decided to look through the books Mr. Aoki lent her, though it was colder out she kept her window just slightly cracked open to listen to the sounds of the rain. As she was reading Mr. Aoki popped his head in to tell her someone was there to see her, she knew it wasn't one of her family members or he would've specified. She gently sat up and put her book on her little bedside table and waited, suddenly Mei appeared in all her glory. "M-mei?!" She yelled, "It is I!" she grinned running over to her friend pulling her into a hug. "H-how'd you?" Mei gently shushed her, "Your brothers suck at whispering, they said you were in Tokyo so I checked all the hospitals to see if anyone with your name was admitted. Low and behold, here you are '' both girls looked close to tears. "I missed you'' Robin whispered pulling her friend into a hug once more, "Why'd you leave?" Mei questioned climbing into the girls' bed. "I-I was really sick, a lot worse back then. I needed to go looking for a cure and I found it, now I'm surrounded by people who can help me" she explained gently.

"I-I could have helped" Mei sighed, "I know, but this was something I had to do on my own at first. But now I'm here, and Mrs. Tanaka won't let me die even if I wanted to, '' Robin joked, poking her friend's side. "Ok, here, I have something for you" she gently grabbed her bag and pulled out Robin's Laptop and phone, "You saved my things?" Robin questioned gently holding the two items. "Of course I did! I'll bring you some more things if you want" Mei smiled, "Thank you Mei Mei '' Robin smiled while hugging her friend again. They spent the next 6 hours just sitting there, talking until Mei had to leave. "I'll come to visit again tomorrow," she says as she grabs her bags, "Don't you still have school?" Robin questioned. "Yeah, but it's only an hour-long train ride, plus it gives me time to work on my Babies! Bye!" she yelled running off. Robin laughed at her friend's antics until her phone buzzed,

Mei-mei the Mechanic: Text your friends, they miss you

Robin sighed,

Robinny the cat: Okay.

________________________________________________________________

Momo woke up slowly as her phone buzzed, she'd gotten back from training after school and decided to take a nap before dinner. She moved slowly as she reached out for her phone still on its charger, she gently flipped the screen to see her new message

1 New message from: Robin

She looked at her phone mildly stunned before frantically opening her phone to read what was sent.

Robin: Hey Yaomomo, I just wanted to text you now that I have my phone back. I'm not dead and I'm currently at the hospital. If you hate me and don't ever wanna speak again that's fine, I just wanted to let you know. I'm so sorry for leaving you without explaining anything but I'll give you the simplified version now. I was really sick due to what happened to me as a kid and I needed to look for a cure. I knew the hero commission would let me go down into Chisaki's old labs, nor would they send anyone to help me so I left to do it myself. It took me a really long time to find his labs but I did and I found a cure! I should be ok now, hopefully. Again if you never want to speak to me again I understand, just tell me to fuck off and block my number. I'm sorry for all I put you through, thank you for being my friend.

Momo read the message over and over again before she finally responded,

Yaomomo: Which hospital?

________________________________________________________________

Jirou was having a moment, she'd just been hanging out with Denki before dinner when both of their phones buzzed. When they checked they found very similar messages from Robin, a girl who they thought was dead. They sat in silence for a moment until Sero and Momo burst through the door, "Did you get a message from Robin!" they both whisper yelled in unison. "Y-yeah" Denki stuttered still staring at his phone, "She-" Momo huffs, mildly out of breath "She's at the North Tokyo Hospital '' she states. "Tokyo?" (Yes we know "How'd she get to Tokyo '' we get it!) Jirou muttered looking down, "We have to go see her!" Denki yelled while standing. "Breath Denks, it's too late now, why don't we all go tomorrow" Sero gently calms his much shorter friend, Denki nodded and sat down on his bed. "Do you think Aizawa-sensei knows?" Jirou asked sitting down next to the blond boy, "Probably, I mean she has her phone so..." Sero trailed off. "Do you think she told anyone else?" he questioned, "Ask" Momo muttered leaning against the wall.

Bâtarde: Have you told anyone else you're alive?

Perra: Just, Denki, Yaomomo, and Jirou?

Bâtarde: Do you want us to tell anyone?

Perra: NO! Please don't, I'm not ready to face everyone yet

Bâtarde: Ok, don't worry kitty, secrets safe with us

Perra: Thank you

Sero sighed looking up, "She's only told us, but she doesn't want us to tell anyone" he explained. "Ok. Come on, let's get something to eat '' Momo suggests grabbing Denki and Jirou before dragging them all off to the kitchen.

________________________________________________________________

Robin was having a lovely morning. Not only did she wake up at a comfortable time, but Mrs. Tanaka's husband had also dropped off some of his pastries. So she was happy, well-rested, and full of food. She was ready for everything!

Except for the fact that four of her old friends were coming to see her, and she had no idea what to do. She texted them in a fit of adrenaline and relished her mistake when Jirou told her they were coming in the next day. She sat in her room doing her now regular breathing therapy with her handheld AOD (airway oscillating device), apparently, the things that helped with actual cystic fibrosis, helped her. She was currently glaring at Katashi who was eating pudding in front of her, the last cup. She flipped him off once when Mrs. Tanaka appeared trailed by four nervous teens, "They.. got here a little early" she explained when Robin gave her a confused look. "I'll just head out" Katashi quickly left the room as Robin flipped him off, she turned toward the nurse and tapped her wrist. "About 10 more minutes hon '' Robin rolled her eyes and flopped back glaring at the ceiling, it was always so boring doing her therapy.

Once her timer went off Mrs. Tanaka took her AOD and left the room, leaving the five teens in silence... Before they could say anything Mr. Aoki appeared with a tray, "Robin! Meds!" He handed her the tray with a grin. The girl sighed and grabbed the cup of her meds, 5 different pills all washed down with some water. "Aoki! Give them some privacy!" Mrs. Tanaka yelled bragging the man out by his ear. As soon as the two nurses left, the five teens broke down into laughter. Eventually, though, the laughter died down and they were left in mildly awkward silence. "So... How are you?" Robin questioned gently twisting her bedsheets, "You are so fucking stupid" Jirou muttered pulling the girl into a hug. "I know" Robin whispered gently gripping the girl's shirt, after a few moments the three others joined the hug. "Ok, ok. Enough tell us what happened" Sero suggested pulling away,

And she did.

She told them everything.