The Trials

Trust for Izuku Aizawa was a fickle thing, he'd constantly be forced to switch between trusting someone with his whole heart to hating them with every fiber of his being. Such was the story of his father, his teachers, his classmates, his old friends, hell even his own mother (though he never did or ever could hate her). The only person he trusted was his sister and it stayed that way for a long, long time. It stayed that way until he was adopted by Shouta Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada, he gained a new brother and sister both of whom he loved dearly. He finally felt able to trust the people around him and it was a breath of fresh air for not only him but his sister as well. There were bumps in the road but his new family stayed together.

One such bump was Endeavor's impending trial, the man had not only abused his wife and kids but also murdered close to 30 people and injured hundreds. In fact, they were still scavenging the rubble for more dead bodies so the body count would most likely grow. Endeavor had hurt his family, he took Hitoshi's arm, he stole Robin's ability to walk, and he took the sight from his left eye. Recovery girl tried to save it but he sadly lost his ability to see out of said eye. Thankfully Hitoshi was getting a new high-tech arm from Mei and Robin had undergone surgery to fix her spine but still, they'd both still have to go through several sessions of Physical therapy to learn how to use the new technology. The implant in Robins's spine had caused her a great amount of discomfort when she walked so she was still confined to her wheelchair and Hitoshi's new arm still hadn't been finished. The fact that Endeavor also hurt his own family was yet another layer of Izuku's hatred for the man, see Izuku had become quite close with the Todoroki family while working on this case and he was also dating the youngest Todoroki. Not only that but he also looked up to Touya Todoroki like a big brother and cared for him deeply, in fact, he cared for the entire Todoroki family. No one deserved to go through what that monster put them through and the fact that he had the audacity to call himself a hero for all those years was absolutely appalling.

The old bastard's trial was currently starting and gods was it uncomfortable, they'd gotten to the courthouse early so they could get Robin and her wheelchair situated and ran into Tsukashi. He'd been brought in to make sure everyone on both sides were completely truthful, after a few minutes the Todoroki family showed up and then the press. Just about everyone on the prosecution side was against having the press come into the court but due to the need for transparency in the judicial system, they had to be present. However, there was a minor amendment where they would stop recording when Izuku, Robin, Hitoshi, and Denki went up to testify. Sadly this didn't extend to Shoto since he was one of the major witnesses. All the witnesses, Izuku, Hitoshi, Robin, Denki, the Todoroki family, and a few others, were sat in the front row on the plaintiff's side. About 4 minutes before the trial was meant to start Endeavor was brought in by the Bailiff, Shoto immediately tightens his grip on Izuku's hands as his father zeroed in on him and his siblings. The old man glared at his children and Izuku glared right back.

Then the trial started, "All rise. Department one of the superior courts is now in session. Judge Masanori presiding. Please be seated" the Bailiff called out. Once everyone was seated the judge, a man with short brown hair, addressed the court. "Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Calling the case of the Shizuoka Prefecture on behalf of Himura Rei, Todoroki Shoto, Todoroki Natsuo, Todoroki Touya, and Todoroki Fuyumi versus Todoroki Enji. Are both sides ready?"

To be completely honest Izuku had no idea what was said next and zoned out a bit until the Judge asked "How does the defendant plead?"

"Not Guilty"

_____________________________________________________

Not Guilty?! That fucking bastard! He does know that he's already being charged with the murder of over 30 people doesn't he?! Saying he's not guilty won't shave off any time from his double life sentence!