The land of the living

"Hey! I need some help here!" Rin was just an underground hero, a new one at that, he didn't stand out much which was a pretty good thing considering his job. His quirk of paralysis by touch gave him the name Statute, given to him by his wife when in high school. He was just doing his regular patrol when he found this kid, a small girl with a cat quirk, though the weirdest part was the tattoos and the pure white hair. Though the scariest had to be the fact she was coughing up blood and that she weighed almost nothing. She was laying in an alley coughing up blood staring at the sky gripping her backpack, she seemed unconscious but she did respond to him yelling. He lifted her up and ran to the hospital just across the street pulling her backpack onto his shoulder, he burst through the door of the ER screaming for help. "Hey! Hey! What's going on!" A nurse came running over, "I-I've got a kid, she's super underweight and she's coughing up blood" Rin explained. "Ok, do you have any relation?" the nurse asked, grabbing a gurney, "N-no she's homeless, I think. I was just on patrol" he explained.

"Patrol?" she questioned placing the small girl onto the gurney, "I'm an underground hero, Statute '' he flashed his license to her. "Ok, do you know her name?" he shook his head, "N-no, but this is her's" he held up the backpack. The nurse nodded, "OK, dear, can you hear me? Can you tell me your name?" she asked, her voice a little higher than normal. "Ba--pack" came the strained whispered, "what was that kiddo?" the nurse asked, pulling the gurney into a room. "Back p--k" was the response, "Your backpack?" the girl nodded. "Look through it" the nurse ordered, "We gonna find out what's wrong with you sweetheart, don't worry" the nurse gently moved her hair out of her face. "Oh my god," Rin whispered looking at the file in the girl's backpack, "what? What's wrong?" the nurse asked, leaning over. He handed the file over, "She's been experimented on '' he whispered. "Hello Robin, what have they done to you?" the nurse whispered.

________________________________________________________________

"So, her name is Robin and she's been through hell" Mrs. Sara Tanaka watched the small girl in the hospital bed, she'd just spent 5 hours trying to figure out what all the papers in the girl's backpack meant. What she'd gathered was terrifying, apparently, she'd been experimented on to have a cat-like mutation quirk and with that experimentation, it completely destroyed the girl's lungs and liver, and on top of all that, her kidneys were failing. She knew she'd have to find a way to save her but she'd have to stay in the hospital, she sighed, yet another kid to add to her chaotic group of medically damaged children. Lovely.

"Is everything alright?" Mrs. Tanaka was broken out of her thoughts by Dr. Ito, "Yep, I just have no idea who to contact for her. We couldn't find anything in her bag about family, not even a phone" she sighed looking at the pale girl. "Well, maybe we can ask her, she seems to be waking up" Dr. Ito points out, Mrs. Tanaka turned and realized the girl's eyes were open. "Hello there, welcome back to the land of the living Miss Robin" Dr. Ito smiled and Tanaka checked her vitals, "w-where" she coughed "where am I?" she questioned. "You're in the north Tokyo hospital" Mrs. Tanaka explained "Tokyo? I really walked that far?' she mumbled to herself. "Dear, do you have someone we can call? A parent? Friend?" Dr. Ito questioned softly, "I-I mean I do, but t-they won't want to s-see me" she whispered, reaching up to wipe her eyes. "We can at least try," Dr. Ito states with a smile, "Plus I'll beat them up if you need me to." Mrs. Tanaka reassured ignoring the look of disappointment from her boss and focusing on the small smile that spread across the girl's face.

"M-my dad's name is A-Aizawa Shouta" she whispered, Dr. Ito nodded and left the room to find the man's number and information. "Ok, now I have to move you to our long-term care ward" Mrs. Tanaka explained prepping the girl to move. "W-why?" Robin asked looking confused, "Because of the experiments you suffer, your lungs and liver are close to death and your kidneys are failing which is why you have that thing in your nose and arm. It won't heal it but it will keep you from getting worse" she explained. Robin nodded, "so, are you married? If you don't mind me asking" Robin looked up at the nurse with a grin. Mrs. Tanaka sighed, yep another one of her chaos kiddos. "Why yes I am married, almost a year now" she smiled at the thought of her husband currently running an adorable bakery, maybe she could take the kids there when their health was good.

"Mrs. Tanaka!" the nurse rolled her eyes at the two teens racing in their wheelchairs, "Eichi, Katashi, what have I said about racing?" she raised an eyebrow. "Not too?" Eichi states almost asking a question, Eichi was of average height, about 5'7", and had curly black hair and violet eyes which were accentuated by his tanned skin and he wore large circle glasses. "Exactly, now off you go. We have a new friend joining us up here" she smiles. "Mrs were not 10" Katashi grumbles, Katashi was much taller, standing at 6'1" he had bright blue hair and deep brown eyes, and his hair definitely popped against his pale skin, and his face was covered in freckles. "I know dear, now, off you go" and the boys wheeled off. "Who were they?" Robin questioned "The one with glasses is Eichi and the one with freckles is Katashi" Mrs. Tanaka explained as she set up the girl's bed in her new room.

"Do you think they'll hate me?" she questioned as Mrs. Tanaka helped her into the wheelchair, "I think you'll be just fine" Mrs. Tanaka reassured wheeling her over to the group therapy/fun room. She decided that after two days of being settled in, Robin should introduce herself to the other kids on the floor. "Now remember, they might ask you what your condition is. Just tell them it's Cystic Fibrosis" Robin nodded and Mrs. Tanaka wheeled her into the room where Eichi, Katashi, and three other kids were. "Everyone! This is Robin, she will be staying with us for a while" after a beat of silence the smallest child hopped up. "Hiiii! I'm Haru, I can grow plants outta my hands! You have cat ears! That's so cool!" Haru was a small boy with sandy blond hair that fell into his eyes, he was pale but not as pale as Katashi and his bright green eyes popped against his otherwise dull features. "Hi Haru, your quirk sounds really cool" Robin smiled at the small boy's hyperactivity, it mildly reminded her of Eri. "H-hi, I'm Aika." Aika was tiny at about 4'6" her curly black hair tied up into a bun at the top of her head, her deep brown skin was covered in gold freckles and her soft pink eyes gave her an air of fantasy. "Hi Aika, I like your freckles" the small girl flushed, "T-thank you" she whispered with a smile.

"I'm Nikko, nice to meet you!" Nikko was a boy with pale yellow hair and tanned skin, his eyes looked like a mixture of yellow and orange and white, like the sun, he had a gap between his two front teeth and had a small scar over his left eyebrow. "Yo! I'm Katashi" Katashi grinned giving her a little wave, he looked like he was floating just slightly above the couch. Probably his quirk. "Hi there, I'm Eichi. Lovely to meet you" the way the boy stuck his hand out reminded Robin some much of Iida that she almost laughed. "Lovely to meet you too" she shook his hand lightly, "What's wrong with you?" Haru questioned toddling over. "What do you mean hon?" she questioned, "He's asking why you're here" Aika helps wheeling over. "Ohhh, Cystic Fibrosis, I was adopted and apparently my biological mom had it" she lied with a smile toward the little boy. "Woah, I have torreettes, makes me all twitchy" the little boy explained, "Tourettes Haru" Eichi corrects with a sigh. "I have a shit immune system"

"Language!" Nikko yells

"Sorry, anyways, I can go anywhere without this thing" he points towards his IV pole, "Hey! Twinsies!" Robin laughed pointing toward her own IV pole that had her oxygen tank on the bottom. The two broke out in laughter over their shared medical equipment, as soon as their laughter died down it was Aika's turn to share. "I have a severer joint disorder which means I can't straighten or bend my knees on my own" she explained, "An I have Leukemia, plus breathing? Not my strong suit" Kaashi joked. "Ahh, my turn them. Well, I have lung cancer, got it from breathing in second-hand smoke" Nikko explained tugging on his wheels oxygen tank.

"See, I told you you'd get along" Mr. Tanaka pops in, "Robin, we found your father, he says he'll come in tomorrow" Robin nods as Mr. Tanaka leaves. "Tomorrow? Why not today?" Nikko questioned, "yeah, does he not know your here?" Eichi questioned leaning forward. "Well, no, I ran away from home a while ago, I was found by a pro hero the other day half dead in an alley. I'm surprised when it comes to my dad's thought, he probably hates me" she explained with a sigh. "Why would he hate you?" Katashi asks tilting his head, "It was selfish, the reason I ran away, and plus I didn't even tell him why I ran. To be fair my brother ran away a week before me but still" she sighed leaning back. "Why'd you run away?" Aika questioned wheeling closer, "I found out I was dying, I didn't know what to do so I dipped" she was lying just not giving the full truth. "We know you're lying, you don't have to tell us the truth but don't try lying to yourself" Eichi cuts in crossing his arms. "Promise not to report me to the police, or freak out?" she raised an eyebrow and nodded once he heard them all say Promise.

"Well, I was experimented on as a baby-"