Chapter 20

Dear Readers: Liking it so far? I hope so! Sorry my chapters have been so short, I really don't have time a lot, But once spring break comes I'll be typing away! Thanks Comment/vote/fan.

-M

Chapter 20

Caitirina~

I leaned back against a great tree, I really had no clue what kind it was. Like all the other vegetation here, it didn't seem to be one species, but multiple. 

Lorcan had taken off a few minutes ago, saying that he should "scope out" the area first. I guess his Panther skills gave him that extra boost that I didn't have. Panther. I should have realized before, that there was something extra special about him. But I guess my oh so simple human mind wouldn't allow me to see past the veil of "normalcy".

I pushed away from the tree and grimaced as my dress caught on a limb, almost causing me to fall. I closed my eyes wishing for more suitable clothing. A feeling of...rightness passed over me. It was like a whole transformation had went over me in a matter of seconds. I opened my eyes, shaking off those ludicrous thoughts. I was just letting this new world get to me. 

I started to walk, and that's when I noticed the difference. I looked down. My glorious dress was gone, and in it's place was a simple pair of slacks and a tunic. They fit snugly, but comfortably to my body. A belt wrapped around my waist, a large medallion rested in the middle of it. 

Well, wish for comfort, and you shall have. Maybe falling into the Fae realm wasn't so bad after all.

Suddenly Lorcan burst through the foliage, he ran a little bit past me and sniffed the air.

"What?"

"I thought I smelled--" He turned around. The moment he saw me his eyes shot down to the medallion. All emotion left his face and he fell to his knee, bowing as he crossed his fist over his chest. 

"What are you doing? Get up." I laughed, pulling on his arm.

He looked up at me slowly. "I--you are..."

"Yeah, I know the new clothes are a little different, but I figured since they just appeared why not take them?"

"They appeared on your body?" He asked slowly.

"Yes..."I replied just as slowly as he had.

"What were you doing when they appeared?" He demanded.

"Nothing. I just wished for some more suitable clothes." 

"You thought for clothes, nothing specific? Just suitable clothing." 

"Yes! Why are we making such a big deal out of this. It's just some weird clothes."

"Lass, those are no weird clothes, those are the clothes of royalty." He placed his hand on the gold medallion. "And this specifically is that of the Fae Princess."

"What are you--" I was cut off when something flashed next to us. I gasped when Lorcan threw me behind his back.

"Well, that's a little harder than flashing into the 21st century." A voice said. I peeked around Lorcans shoulder. A man with long white hair hand and pointed ears stood before us. He looked strangely like Orlando Bloom in Lord of the Rings, with a large sword strapped to his hip, and a full armor suit on. But his face, he looked strangely like--

"Rane?" I called out at the same time Lorcan called out.

"Gauraud?" 

We both looked at each other.