Chapter 29

Vocab: 

Trews: Pants or Trousers 

Chapter 29

Lorcan~

"Why is this smaller?" I looked down at my battle suit. My home battle suit. I had not seen it in these last three years, hadn't worn it since the last attack Intuneric had directly inflicted upon Lumina. 

"You have grown more in the past few years, you also haven't had to wear it for anything other than ceremonies in quite some time." Irusan, my mothers body guard replied as he helped me gather my weapons.

"Aye, it has been quite some time...

Lumina

50 years ago

The doors burst open and Irusan strode into the courtyard. Pantera stood from where she sat by the statue of her mother.

"My queen." He bowed to one knee. "The queen of Intuneric is coming."

"Call upon Vaettur, we must meet." Irsuan nodded and left the room. I stepped forward.

"Mother, what do ye plan on doing?"  

"We will fight." She replied simply. I was taken back, in all the years my mother had ruled the panthers of Lumina she had never given in to war this easily.

"But--"

"Enough! Go get your brother and get ready for battle. We fight for what is ours tonight." 

                      ************

"Why do we not fight like our ancestors did? In our animal forms?" Roderick grumbled.

"Because not all have the power we do brother, it is better this way. Both our King, and Intuneric's Queen agreed upon such."  I replied to him. He nodded but his brow still creased with annoyance. We rode upon our horses, our troops behind us. We were to fight against the people of the dark realm in Andra, the human realm that existed as a mid point for Lumina and Intuneric.

In the past wars had been fought on our realm or the others, but it was to risky, for both sides. Bring so many Fae of the light into the darkness or vice versa caused catastrophes no one wanted. It was safer to fight were there would be less lasting damage. 

I remembered a time when Andra had been neutral ground, no wars, nothing. We could go freely back and forth. But those times had change half a century ago Narishka had taken over the Fae of Intuneric, she was much more deadlier and unforgiving the the King before her, a King which had been her father, a father she murdered. 

I called back to the troops letting them know we were nearing the portal to Andra. There were only two left open now. The rest had been closed over the years, due to the growth in aggression from Intuneric. Now only this and another stood open. The other was mean't purely for meetings between the two realms, and a place of neutrality. At least for now.

"Do ye smell that?" Roderick asked after we stepped through the portal. I sniffed and caught the faint sent of wolf, but then it was gone. 

"They wouldn't dare fight in their animal form, one must have just been scouting, I don't smell it anymore." I replied back.

"Hmm...don't put it behind them brother, they are not the most trustworthy of people." 

"Don't worry, I am always looking out for our people." I replied. I began to call out orders to my men, telling each group where to go, and their plan of attack. We were ready go, ready to win. When I caught a wiff of the wolfs sent once again, thought it was slightly stronger now.