Chapter 4

Dear Readers, I recently added some photos of the Andra, and of the High Guards House. You can look at them at Photobucket.com my username is Mlana3675. You don't need to make a profile, just type my username in the search bar (make sure to click on the arrow and click on user) You can click on the photo to enlarge it. Hopefully this helps you visualize everything wonderfully! Thanks for reading!

-M

Chapter 4 

October 12th

Lorcan~

I had no idea why I felt so attached to her, but I did. Every time I looked at her I felt we had a past, a future. I shook my head, where the hell had those feelings come from?

I turned around from the to look at her. She sat at the small table against the wall in the kitchen, jaw clenched as she stared at her hands in her lap.

“Do ye want some coffee?” I asked.

“Yes please, that would be lovely. It’s morning?” She asked.

“Aye. After breakfast I’ll bring ye to yer room, then show ye around. Alright?” I turned from the hearth.“Everything alright?”

She looked up. “Umm…I…well…why am I here?” I hated hearing the tremor in her voice.

“I don’t know.” I answered. Turning back to the hearth.

“What’s going to happen to me?” She sounded like she was about to cry. I groaned, and gave a deep sigh before turning around “I don’t know, I’m sorry.”

She gave me a crooked smile “It’s not your fault, you didn’t drag me here.” I looked at her for a long moment, trying to read her emotions, she hid them well.

Caitirina~

He busied around for another minute then turned backed to me. Displaying a steaming cup of coffee and a plate full cheese, bread, and an assorment of fruits, my stomach growled in response. He laughed broadly, I smiled at the sound.

“Eat up. The men will be in here in a while don’t want to be around that. I swear they all eat enough to feed this whole place.”

“The men?” I asked.

“The other head guards.” He replied. “We higher guards eat and sleep here, while the rest of the guards sleep and eat elsewhere.”

"Why are you so seperated from the others?" I asked.

"Narishka likes the others to feel as if they are much lower in ranking then us. In truth we treat them the same as everyone else." He explained to my blank look. “Eat up.“ I hurriedly ate the rest of my food. Nearly moaning at the taste of…mmm…cheese. I heard voices coming down the hallway. I downed the rest of my coffee, wincing when it slightly burned my tounge, and looked to Lorcan. He walked across the room, pushed a set of wooden double doors open revealing a very large dining room, with and equally large table. The kind you’d see in some old castle. Where did they get all this stuff?

“Come on.” He walked back and pulled me to my feet, just as a dozen or so men walked into the kitchen

“Och, what do we have here?”

“Nice, new young lass, huh Lorcan?”

“Aye, and a red head...verra nice Captian."

The rest of the comments were drowned out, as more men spilled into the dining room. Lorcan led me through the kitchen and down the hallway. We came out of the building, the sun had come out and it looked to be a nice day. That still didn’t improve my mood of being here.