Chapter 30

So...haven't posted in a VERY lon time. Last month of school was CRAZY! But now I'm free. But next Saturday I'm leaving for this awesome pre-college camp I do every year, it's 6 weeks long...but I will have my laptop and still work on the book, just not as much as I will in August, when I'm completely free. But no worries, I'm still going to try to write every night, key word: try. Well thanks for sticking with me, I hope it's an okay chapter. Please leave comments/vote/fan. Thanks!

-M

Caitirina~ 

Lorcan hoisted me up on the great black horse. The beast was larger then any other horse I'd ever seen, I couldn't see how anyone could get up on this thing without a step stool...more like a ladder.

I turned glanced over at where Guraund was to see if he was ready. He was ready to go, but it didn't look like he wanted too. Kristin stood below him her hand clasped tightly in his, gazing into one anothers eyes. Guaruad reached out with other hand and clasped the side of her face, he tilted it forward as he bent over and placed a kiss on her forehead, he sat back up abruptly. He glanced over at us and noticed me staring, I turned away quickly, but not before I saw him take off into the woods, and a look a sadness come over Kristin's features. 

Suddenly Lorcan was behind me. I looked down at the ground, and behind me.

"Must be nice." I sighed.

"What is?"

"Your cat like reflexes." I felt his chest vibrate against my back as he laughed, and shivered at the contact. 

"Ye're ready?" He asked. I sighed and nodded my head.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Lorcans horse trotted a bit towards the woods, I stopped Lorcan before we went into a dead sprint."

"Kristin?" I called. She cleared her throat before turning away from where Guraund had disappeared a moment before. 

"Yes?" He replied, her voice taut.

"Umm...we'll be fine, all of us." I replied. She relaxed a bit and even smiled. 

"Yes, I'm sure you will be. Just be safe. I'll be waiting if you have any need of me." She replied.

"Thanj you Kristin, but I think we will be fine. Besides we don't want anyone else becoming apart of this mess that doesn't have too." Lorcans voiced rumbled out, it almost was like his voice held some soothing command. For Kristin didn't protest at all, and instead nodded and smiled sweetly. 

"Yes, yes. You're probably right. Well, off you go." I looked uneasily at her as we rode away. There was such loneliness and heart break in her eyes.

************************************************************************************************************

We caught up with Guraund a few miles later. He sat very still, his eyes closed. He held up his hand as we approached, signaling for us to remain quiet. After a moment her lowered his hand and turned back to us. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing, just scanning. We're safe for now, but there's a block not far ahead. I can't see what's behind it." He replied.

"We'll just deal with it when it arrives, we need to keep moving." Lorcan said as  his horse trotted past.

"And you're suppose to be the one protecting us?" Guraund muttered a few words under his breath as he rode past us.

"What was that?" Lorcan growled.

"Oh nothing, I'm going ahead to scout for trouble. You'll be alright back here alone, right kitten?" He laughed at the look Lorcan shot his way and flew ahead.