Chapter 12

Hey guys! So...as always photos on Photobucket.com. I'm sorry for the shortness of this chapter but it just came out this way. Hope you like it. Any Ideas for who should play Rane's character? 

Chapter 12

Caitirina~

I turned from the window and flew across the room, almost tipping over a stack of crates. I raced down the small set of stair and quickly made my way down the hallway and the other set of stairs with out running into anyone. I snuck to the door and peeked outside. People milled about all over, carrying this and that, looking like your typical 17th century village.

I slipped from the door and calmly walked towards the stables, trying not to draw attention to myself. I doubted it was really safe for me to be out here with out the protection of Lorcan or one of the other men. Luckily no one had seemed to notice the rather loud noise or the dust cloud but me.

"Rane" I hissed. The dust cloud had almost dissipated. Rane sat against the side of the stables in the middle of a coughing fit. I crouched down beside him. "Rane, are you okay?" 

He coughed. "Yes" He said hoarsly. 

"What happened? What was that noise, and what made the dust cloud?" I asked. 

"Umm...I had a little accident..."

I cocked an eyebrow and stood back up. "What kind of accident" 

"Over there..." He nodded towards the other side of the building. I slowly walked over there, expecting...well not what I saw. 

"A car...A CAR? What the hell is a CAR doing here!" I silver 2012 Aston Martin Virage sat in a heap, the front end slightly dug in the ground. It looked like it at literally flown straight into the ground. 

I turned an glared at him. "What if someone sees! It's the 17th freaking century. You can't bring a car here. And how the hell did it get here?" 

He sighed heavily and stood up. "First off...calm down. No one can even see us."

"Oh really? You think nobody noticed the incredibly loud noise and the completely visible dust cloud before. I'm just surprised people aren't crowding around us right now."

"They can't see us." He stressed.

"That doesn't make sense" I shot back.

He threw his hands in the air. "Glamour!"

"What?" I asked...Glamour?

"Glamour...you know, controlling what people hear and see. I masked myself the moment I entered this time. Don't worry, we're fine. Now I just got to figure out a place to put this." 

"Wait...you would have had to gone to the 21st century to get this car...I thought Narishka could only do that."

"Well actually she can't really, like myself, she can go there but can not interact with things. It's almost like being a ghost." 

"Then how did you get the car?" 

"Well I mastered the art of inanimate objects, took awhile but it was worth being able to drive this baby!" He looked sadly towards the now ruined car. "Though it looks like I'll be needing to find another one." 

"I'm so sorry for your loss." I said dryly. "So, you're saying that you could have brought me back this whole time?" 

"No...well technically yes, but you wouldn't be able to interact with anyone. You'd be there, but not. Sorry, but our people have seemed to lost that little luxury a while ago." He patted me on the shoulder and offered me a dazzling smile. "At least you have my awesomeness."  I laughed andplayfully pushed him off of me. 

"Seriously, how much have you been hanging out in my time. Don't people notice that you sound like...well a 21st century teen?"

"Not really I hide it well, and when I slip up people just put it off as some other weird thing I do. I'm known for my weirdness." He explained.

"Really? Never would have guessed." I replied sarcastically. 

"Haha, thanks. Now help me figure out where to put this." He walked towards the car, kicking the front end of it lightly. 

"Are you serious? What you expect me to just pick it up and put it somewhere?" 

"No, I'll take care of that, just help me think of somewhere to put it." 

"Can't you just send it back somewhere?" I asked.

"No, it wouldn't be safe. It might end up falling on top of someone if I did that, and I'm not really into killing anyone today." 

"Good plan. You got some dungeon somewhere? Maybe store it there. Or throw it in the woods and thrown some ferns over it. Wait how exactly do you expect to get it anywhere." He tapped his head. "Yeah, that explains everything." He started staring at the car. Suddenly it was there...then not.

"Umm...okay. I'm just going to go with that. I'd really rather not know anyway. " I walked to the hole where the cars front end had just sat. I kick some of the dirt around. "So, you have time to talk a little now? Figure all this stuff out?"

"What?" He looked generally confused, then he shook his head as realization set in. "Oh yeah, sorry about last night. I was a little...preoccupied." 

"Well can we talk about this now...I think we should talk to---"

"Actually, right now is not the best time..."

"Rane!" I groaned.

"I know, I know, I' m sorry, we'll get to this at some point. It's just not safe here. Narsikha is going to invite you to something. Sneak out at some point and come to my...hideaway... it's on the east side of the castle wall on the outskirts of the forest. Come there and we'll talk."

"Okay...so I'm fully confused but I'm thinking I'm just going to go with it, because lately I've been confused...a lot." I replied, caressing my aching temples.