Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Caitirina~

"Och, I just don't know what to have ye wear lass." Biddy sighed as she dug through yet another trunk. Throwing dresses, fabrics, lace, and other items around her little workshop. It seemed that Biddy did a little bit of everything in Andra. The baker, the maid, the sewer, the artist.

"What exactly must I wear?" I asked.

"Something wonderful, beautiful...flowing." She replied. 

"What are--" I stopped. Something...heavy, filled the air. It seemed to be pulling on me, I had the oddest sense that I needed to go somewhere. 

"Och! We're almost out of time..." Biddy groaned, turning back to rifle through trunks once more.

"What was that?" She stopped and stood up, her whole body rigid. She slowly turned around peering at me with curiosity. 

"Ye felt that." She asked quietly. 

"Yes..." I answered cautiously, the look on her face was...scary.  Her face broke out in a wide grin. She turned around and hurried across the room opening a trap door in the floor. She climbed down the stairs happily talking to herself. 

"Umm...Biddy?" 

"Aye, dearie?" she called from bellow.

"What exactly are you doing?" She didn't answer me. But a moment later she came climbing up the stairs. carrying a small chest with her. 

"This, is what ye will wear." She said with triumph as she sat the trunk down on a table next to me. She peered down at it silently for a moment then turned and looked at me with a grand smile. She waved me over.

"Come here lass, and see this fine treasure." I slowly walked over. The trunk was beautiful, blue jewels decorated the edges while one large one sat in the surface. Surrounded by beautiful pictures of the Fae. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. 

"Open it." She whispered. I stepped forward looking for a latch. There was none. I tried to open the top, but there was none, it was like it was completely solid object.

"I can't"

"You can, just will it." She replied softly. "Place your hands on it lass." 

I did as she told me.  "Now close yer eyes, and will it too open." 

The trunk had felt cold at first, but in a burst of energy it seemed to come alive. I gasped, almost opening my eyes. "Keep them closed." Biddy warned. I did, an that's when I knew. I mentally pulled on the barrier I felt, and heard a soft click. I opened my eyes, the trunk was open.