Chapter 22

Dear Readers: Sorry I haven't posted in a little while, been super busy. Hope you guys are liking it so far! Please Comment/Vote/Fan. 

Chapter 22

Lorcan~

I watched Caitirina as we made our way through the forest, following a path that I couldn't seem find even with my enhanced vision. She seemed different now, not as...human.

She turned her head as if she had felt my eyes on her. "What?"

"Nothing I was just...ye seem different."

She stopped and turned towards me, swallowing hard she opened her mouth, but nothing came out. Her eyes moistened as she tried again.

"I--I--I don't know what's happening to me. At first it felt so right, I just went with it." She took a deep breath, trying to fight the tears that threatened to fall. I couldn't see her like this, I stepped forward and wrapped her in my arms. That's when the tears really came, her body racked with spasms as she tried to talk.

"It feels so weird now, I can feel the power, the fire running through my veins." She took a deep breath. "I'm scared."

I held her tighter, trying to drive those fears away. "You're just not used to the power yet. But don't worry ye don't have to be scared, I'm right here for ye. Always." She looked up at me her big brown eyes wide in wonder.

"Really?" She asked. I couldn't help it; I brought my head down to hers and kissed her deeply. Savoring the contact, even if it was only for a moment. I pulled back ignoring her moan of protest. I placed my hands on either side of her cheeks, making her look at me.

"Really, lass. I will always be there." And I would be. Forever.

***************************************************************************************************************

Caitirina~

We continued our way along the path, a path that I could only see. Just one of the many "perks" of being a Fae Princess I guess.Our hands brushed and he curled my fingers within his large hand.

"Oh, how cute." A high pitched voice suddenly appeared out of nowhere. We both stopped and looked around for the source.

"Over here!" It called out and something whizzed by us.

It laughed. "Now I'm over here!" I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to find a small little...thing,floating behind me. Then it was gone.

"Over he--" It was cut off as Lorcan's hand shot out and grabbed the little thing.

"Hey! Stop that, let go of me!" It screeched.

"What is it?" I asked stepping forward to examine it. It looked like tinker bell, only her polar opposite. The little creature had very pale skin that stretched over its thin little body. It really wasn't all that scary at all, especially with the large black eyes that took up most of its face. Almost cute really.

"Putin Rau. Evil little bastards." 

"Oh, he doesn't look so bad. Kinda cute actually." The little thing looked so frightened that I couldn't help but reach out and stroke it's little head. It closed it's big eyes and pushed into my embrace. 

"See? He's not so ba--" I screamed and jumped back as the "Cute" little thing smiled, its once big eyes shrinking to the size of a pin head and its little mouth growing to show off the rows of extremely sharp teeth. It now resembled those little tooth fairy bastards from Hellboy II. 

The thing screeched as Lorcan tightened his grip on it. "Ye scared my woman..." He growled.

"Stop! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean too, it's just in my nature! I'm only here to help!" The little creature gasped.

"How is this helping?" Lorcan asked it.

"I have been sent by the King. He wants me to warn you of Victor." 

"We already know he's been here." I replied.

"Been? No, he's still here. Not far actually." It pushed away from Lorcan's grasp and shot up straight in the air. A moment later it flew back down. 

"Umm...I'd run if I were you now." I said as it flew by us into the woods.

I turned to Lorcan, but he wasn't looking at me. He turned and sniffed the air, then stiffened. 

"Run." He said softly.

"What?"

"Run!" He yelled as he grabbed my arm and pulled me in the woods, I turned just in time to see the trees on the other side of the clearing start to shake.

"What are we running from?" I asked wearily. 

"A Groil" He growled outI didn't have to ask what it was, for a loud howl of what sounded like a wolf rang out. I caught a glimpse of a large dog like creature loping towards us. Lorcan suddenly stopped and pushed me into the alcove of a large tree.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. "It's going to catch up to us!"

"We aren't going to be able to out run it like this." 

"Then what do you exp..." My voice trailed off as Lorcan body began to shift, one minute he was a man, the next dark smooth fur had sprouted all over his body. His face slightly elongated, and he dropped to his four clawed paws. I stared opened mouthed at him until he growled impatiently and gestured with his head towards his back.

"You don't expect me to--" Suddenly the dog like creature burst through the trees. It had to be at least 8 feet tall, with long legs that ended in wolf's paws. For a moment it just stood there staring, I thought maybe it would stop, leave us be. Then it bared its teeth. 

"Okay!" I jumped on Lorcan's smooth back and held on for dear life as Lorcan took off at a speed that wasn't at all close to that of a normal panther, or any animal for that matter.

I risked a glance behind us and almost cried out when I realized how close the creature was. 

"Faster, faster, faster..." I chanted in Lorcan's ear. .He growled back in response. I looked over his shoulder and stiffened as the trees parted and then there was...nothing.

"Lorcan, cliff!" He didn't stop but instead ran faster, straight for the cliff. Was he crazy? But I didn't have time to ask him, because he had reached the cliffs dangerous edge, and he jumped. I instinctively grasped Lorcan's body harder as we passed through a mass of dark misty clouds, and prayed that it wouldn't hurt too much when it came to the end. 

Hope you liked it! Please Vote/Comment/Fan!