Chapter 37

Recap: Chapter 36

"Lor--hmph" I was cut off as Lorcan's large sleek body ran into mine. Somehow he had thrown me onto his back and was now running full force across the clearing, I had to wrap my arms tightly around his furred neck for fear of falling off. As we neared the edge of the clearing Gauraud and Bal feel into place behind us. We had almost reached the forest edge when large stone soldiers stepped from the shadows. We all skidded to a halt. 

"Shit, she has a Moarte and Piatra army?" Gauraud grumbled. 

Lorcan didn't seem to be listening, he turned around and started to run to the other side. But more of the stone soldiers appeared there too, their large metal swords gleaming in the light as they raised them up.

 We were trapped. 

Chapter 37

Caitirina:

"We can't fight our way out of this one can we?" I asked the whole group.

It was Bal who answered me solemnly "Not easily." He sighed deeply. "Hell, who am I kidding? There's way to many off them. We're strong, but  she has a Moarte and the Piatra on her side. We're doomed."

"Quite the optimist, aren't you Bal?" Gauraud muttered.

"Shut up." Lorcan growled. I stepped closer to him, placing my hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"Lorcan..."

"We're fighting." He snapped.

"Lorcan, come on. If we give ourselves up we have a chance at least. If we fight we'll be dead the moment we raise a fist!" Gauraud voice broke the eerie silence that filled the the clearing and surrounding woods.

"Shit." All the men muttered at once. 

"What?" I asked impatiently. The looks on their faces made me not want to know, but it seemed like knowledge was power at this point. 

Lorcan suddenly grabbed me and placed me behind him, while Bal and Gauraud took up the space around me. Making a triangle of protection around me.

"What's happening? What are you doing." I tried to push them out of the way but they wouldn't move. 

"They didn't wait, they're about to attack." Lorcan replied.

"How the hell do you know? And why are you hiding me! You let me fight before!" I yelled.

"This is different--" Lorcan began.

"Bull shit. The only thing you're doing is prolonging the inevitable. Let me fight, then we can live a few seconds longer. Maybe."

Lorcan stepped away, Bal and Gauraud followed suit. 

"Fine, but stay close." 

"I will." I turned to look at the army, they seemed to be standing where they had been the whole time. "Umm...how do we know they're going to attack?"

"We just know." Bal awnsered. I contuined to look, but didn't notice anything.

"Caitirina..." Lorcan said softly. I turned to him, and frowned at the look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Caitirina, we are....we could die, I mean. Oh hell! We're going to die." 

I gasped as the full extent of what was going on, what was going to happen washed over me. I had just figured they were making it sound worse than it really was before. But looking at the enemy I should have realized, we were actually going to die. 

Lorcan pulled me into his arms the moment the first tear fell from my eye. At the same moment they were there. One second the Piatra army had been at the forest edge and the next they were no less than a foot away from us. Line after line of them circled around us. We didn't have a chance. 

I held onto Lorcan a moment longer, grasped his cheek in my palm as kissed him. I kissed him with everything I had. I kissed him for the last time. 

"I love you." I whispered as I stepped back and raised my sword. I was not going down without a fight. 

Lorcan smirked and produced his own weapons, as did Bal and Gauraud. "Fight till the end. Gods, makes me love ye even more lass."

I almost started bawling. This man, this man. Loved me. And I was going to die without ever even experiencing what it was really liked to be loved. All I wanted was to be done with this madness, to be in a nice normal world where I could spend the rest of my life with this man. But no, these sick bastards had to take it all away from me. Sure, they were taking me down now. But I was so going to take at least one of them with me. 

Lorcan grabbed my hand, I squeezed it tightly and gave him a slight smile. I turned to Bal and Gauraud and nodded to each of them.

"Thank you, for everything." I said to them

And to Lorcan. " I'll love you. Forever." 

It was time. With a fierce cry I attacked my sword slicing through part of the stone soldier. But before I could pull back.

It hit me.

The force of it brought me to my knees.I didn't see who had done it, but what did it matter? They all looked the same. Stone soldiers. All this time, and I was taken down by a rock. 

It was the end. 

OR IS IT???? MUHAHAHAHA! 

This is NOT the end, I was going to leave it at that, and not explain that this was just another chapter. But I didn't want people to get pissed off and stop reading lol. So....this is just another chapter, not The End. 

Thanks for Reading! Please Comment! I need feedback! 

Or Vote/Fan!