Prologue

Please show your support for this novel in the "Watty Awards" by commenting, voting, and reading on, if you like it!

Prologue

April 2nd, 1647, Castle Andra, Scotland.

“Flora! What is taking ye so long! The men are growing impatient.” Vaettur, my father, called as he stalked into my room. 

I sat in my favorite part of the castle, in front of a large window overlooking the forest and the small pond that sat in the middle of it. I was so engrossed in my book that I hadn’t heard my father or noticed his presence until he stood right in front of me. 

I stood up quickly my book falling to the floor, “Father, ye startled me.” I gasped. 

He bent to pick up my book, “I am sorry, but the men will only wait so long love.” 

“Father, they are under your order, they would happily wait an eternity if you wish it.” I replied, giving my father a droll look. 

“That may be so, but it is unfair to make them wait so long, when ye are ready, but just distracted by yer book.” He turned the book over in his hand, “Mr. William Shakespeare’s Comedies, Histories, and Tragedies. What is this?” 

I lunged for the book, swiping it from his hands. I held it to my chest, "Just a book.” 

He raised an eyebrow, “A book you seem to be very protective of, who is this Shakespeare? A man ye fancy? I will procure him immediately if so, he seems to be very educated, writing a novel and all.”

“No father I do not fancy this man, he is not alive anymore. I just enjoy his work. And stop trying to find me a husband, I’m doing fine on my own.” I replied.

“That may be so, but ye are getting older and I will not always be here to protect ye.” He pulled me in for a hug, but I pushed out of his embrace.

“Older? Father, I will never be older. There is no older for me, only if I choose for there to be. Just as ye have chosen to look the age you do.” My father had been born in 986 A.D and had been the King of the Fae for over 600 years. Yet he looked to be in his early 30’s. He stood almost a foot taller than me, with long straight black hair that fell to the middle of his back, and silver eyes that swirled eerily. I had always loved his eyes, and wished mine had been the same.

I have never met my mother but was told that we looked almost identical. Both having light blue eyes, and a mass of red, brown curly hair. I had always loved my hair, and I felt proud to know that I resembled her mother in such a way. 

“Flora?” 

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, “Sorry. I’ll be ready in a moment I just need to grab a few more things.” 

“Alright, hurry downstairs then.” He placed a kiss on my head, and left the room.

I quickly grabbed my large drawstring purse, and dropped the large book into it. I then walked over to my bedside table, and opened the secret drawer hidden underneath it retrieving the picture I had drawn all those years ago. I quickly tucked it in my bag, and headed down to my awaiting carriage. 

My father's men were waiting on their horses in front and back of the carriage. They didn’t look impatient at all. 

“Princess” My coach man bowed as he opened the door for me. 

I didn’t get in, “Where is father?” 

“I’m very glad ye would not leave without saying goodbye to me.” My father called as he descended the steps of the castle. 

“I still don’t understand why ye don’t come with me.” I looked at him with my “sad” eyes. 

He laughed, “Don’t ye be giving me that look now, I told ye before. There is too much to be done here. Go and see Mairi’s baby, I will join ye when I can.” 

“Alright, but be safe.” I stood on my tip toes to kiss his cheek and then hugged him with all my strength. He hugged me back, but not with all his strength. He was stronger than your average man. 

“Don’t worry about me, I will be here.” He said into the top of my head. 

I leaned back, “I love you father.” 

“And I love you.” 

These were the last words I ever said to my father...

Thanks for reading my book! I know that the prologue isn't the greatest but it ties into other events in this story. So if you thought this was boring, please read on. I promise chapter 1 is much better. Thanks! Comment/Vote/Fan!

Dear Readers,

I have written many short stories and such over the years but this will be my first real novel, that I would like to get published. I started out writing this book in 1st person but later changed it to 3rd when It just didn't flow right when I changed between the thoughts of Lorcan & Caitirina. But as I was changing the chapters I didn't like how it sounded in 3rd person. I know I change my mind a lot. So as you're reading this maybe keep in the back of your mind what way it would sound better, or a better way of me introducing the other charecter when I change between their minds. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy! :)