Chapter 16

Dear Readers, I posted a few pictures of Caitirina dress and hair on Photbucket.com There are a few pictures of dresses on there, so kinda morph them together in your mind. Hope you enjoy! Comment/Vote/Fan :D

Chapter 16

Lorcan~

My men and I made our way towards castle. I dreading it the most.

"I thought you were suppose to be Caitirina's companion?" Alexander, the newest man to join our guard, asked.

"Aye, Biddy told me she would meet us at the castle." I replied. We continued walking in silence until Esbjorn and Richard stopped, pulling me aside. I told the others to continue on to the castle.

"What's yer plan for tonight?" Richard asked.

"As I don't know what to expect it's kinda hard to plan anything, isn't it." I replied.

"Aye..." They both replied.

"I will protect Caititirna in anyway I can. That is my plan."

"Anyway?" Esbjorn asked.

"Aye, if I have to change, I will."

Caitirina~

"I look..."

"Beautiful?" Biddy offered.

"Yes...the dress is gorgeous." I replied looking down at it. And it was. It was royal blue, and flowed down to my feet. Intricate designs made of different hues of blue and silver formed their way from the corset down to the hem. Wispy blue sleeves covered my arms making it seem as if I had wings. Funny seeing that we were in the Fae kingdom. I wore dark blue slippers that sparkled in the faint light of the candle. Biddy had done my hair so that it rested in what would have been considered a messy, yet classy bun in the modern world. I felt like a princess.

"Lass come look at yourself." She called, she stood next to a mirror. A mirror that hadn't been there a moment ago. I walked towards her slowly, having to pick up the large folds of the gown in order to walk. I gasped when I saw myself. The gown had looked beautiful before, but now it was...there were no words for what it looked like now. It sparkled, but not in the glitter type way, it almost glowed. And I looked different. I seemed to glow. My dark red hair seemed darker. My eyes seemed to shine with an errie blue. I looked completely different, yet completely the same. It was all rather confusing.

"I--I...how?"

"It is not my place, it will all make sense in time. Be patient."

"But were did this come from?"

"Like I said, it will all make sense later." She tucked a loose curl behind my ear. In a very...grandmotherly way. She stepped back. "Now go, before ye are late."

"What about you?" I asked, surely she was to go.

"I will come later, now hurry." She shooed at me like I was a dog.

"Okay, okay!" I made my way to the door, thankful for the the fancy flats instead of heels. I stopped at the door. "Thank you Biddy, for everything."

She inclined her head to me.

Lorcan~

The castle looked a dreary as it always did outside. If anything everything looked darker, even with the large abundance of candles that lined the way to the door. Nariskha's minions stood guard at the gate and door. Lucky none of them were the ones that had tried to kill me. If they were...

I walked to the door, Esbjorn and Richard in step behind me. The large ball room was in full decor. The candles giving the whole room a sort of warm feeling, even though it was anything but.

"Do ye see her?" I asked. The men looked around.

"Nay, but I do see Narishka." Richard murmured. I followed his gaze. Narishka sat at the other side of the great room. Draped head to toe, in a long dark red and black gown. The colors of death.

"I suppose I should make myself known."

"Aye, either that or she'll just seek ye out herself." Esbjorn replied. I nodded and made my way across the room. People danced all around me, the music that played through out the air making it almost impossible not too. The music of Fae did this to most, but I was to strong for it. I noticed some of the men spread about, already dancing. They were strong, but it was hard to not feel drawn in. Especially on this night, I could almost not stand it. Narishka smirked as she caught sight of me.

"Hello Lorcan, so glad you could join us." She stood, revealing the frozen faces of those she had killed. Their souls frozen to stone within the throne forever. I grimaced, knowing that some of the people I had once called family resided in there now.

She smiled as if she enjoyed my sadness, which she did. "Now where is our little...flower?"

I stiffened not missing the emphasise on that last word. How did she know? "She is coming."

"Ah, good. Wouldn't want her to miss the entertainment." She replied, an evil smile spreading across her face.